Nov 23, 2019
I just put together a Ryzen 7 2700x on a Gigabyte B450m DS3H, Corsaire Vengeance LPX 3200mhz 2x8gb, with a PowerColor Radeon AXRX 570 4GB, and a 650w Cooler Master PSU. Everything went smooth until I powered it on. Nothing happened. Went over all the connections multiple times, still nothing. I'm thinking the PSU is bad. I switch to my old 600w one I have, same thing. I went over every step to troubleshoot, and got to the point where I removed the GPU. It boots, but gives me the 1 long beep and 2 short beeps, which I found is related to video, or lack of since the GPU is not connected. All fans work, CPU sounds like it is doing something, but no video. So I figured it is the GPU. Swapped it with my old GTX 760 and the same happens. Can't figure out why it will not power on with the GPU connected. Need help fast!

Solution
I did. It came with a sligtly bent pin on the corner. Was able to straighten it out. Everything looked good after that. It sat well in the slot.. Could it be that pin?
Not likely to be that if you straightened and it inserted properly. The common piece in the puzzle would be the CPU. Do you have access to another AM4 CPU to test with?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have the display connected the GPU or to a port attached to the motherboard? Also, check for any obstructions in your motherboard ports (short condition).

This sounds like a defective motherboard, if removing the GPU allows the other components to power up when it is removed.

Nov 23, 2019
Do you have the display connected the GPU or to a port attached to the motherboard? Also, check for any obstructions in your motherboard ports (short condition).

This sounds like a defective motherboard, if removing the GPU allows the other components to power up when it is removed.
When I had the GPU connected, I plugged in to the GPU but then I get nothing when trying to boot. When I removed the GPU I tried the mobo ports but no signal. Forgot to mention this is a replacement mobo as well. At first I thought it was the culprit.

Nov 23, 2019
Any of the little "fingers" front the openings on the ATX panel (a.k.a. I/O panel) sticking inside any of the ports?

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin power connections fully inserted on the motherboard itself?
The ports are clear. 24 pin and 8 pin connectors are secured and fully inserted

Nov 23, 2019
Any of the little "fingers" front the openings on the ATX panel (a.k.a. I/O panel) sticking inside any of the ports?

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin power connections fully inserted on the motherboard itself?
I used one of the threads here to troubleshoot boot issues. Went through all the steps and isolated it to the GPU, but not sure what is causing it still, as I tried 2 different ones.. Could it be BIOS related?

Nov 23, 2019
Have you tried removing the motherboard from the case and trying to boot the system outside the case itself (testing for a short)?
Just did this. Still the same results. Boots up without gpu. Dead with gpu. I removed the GPU from the PCIe slot but let the power in, and it tries to boot but can't. I see a light come on on the M.2 ssd and then it shuts off.

Nov 23, 2019
You have tried different GPUs and PSUs and the problem persists. Could be the CPU itself, since you swapped mobos as well.

Have you inspected the CPU for bent/broken pins?
I did. It came with a sligtly bent pin on the corner. Was able to straighten it out. Everything looked good after that. It sat well in the slot.. Could it be that pin?