New Build with new Hard Drive - Windows 7 crashes - BSOD

RGalbraith

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Hi everyone:

I recently built my first computer and it has a new SATA Seagate hard drive in it.

I went to install Windows 7 and, initially, my hard drive was not being recognized by Windows 7 during the setup phase. After a restart, the computer seemed to boot from the CD and the installation finished. This was last Friday.

I routinely get BSOD. Upon restart, windows does not always boot properly asking for a boot CD and if I go to BIOS in these instances, the hard drive does not appear in the SATA. If I restart the computer, the HD comes back and windows boots normally. BIOS then shows the HD.

In Windows system, the HD shows correctly.

If I try to install new programs, I can get the BSOD and it happens every time I try to install the latest NVIDIA drivers for the GPU.

The BSOD recommends disabling BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

The BSOD codes are:
0x000000F4
0x0000000000000003
0XFFFFFA80080F0B30
0xFFFFF8002DDF240

There's an additional code which I missed.

It begins 0xFFFFFA800..... I have to get the last few numerals.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

RGalbraith

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I see. I assumed because I had BIOS functionality and could do thing like set over clicking features etc. that those issues were set with the MB.

So, uninstall Windows and start over? Delete the partitions currently existing? Or, can I boot from the utility CD that came with the MB and install whatever is on there while leaving Windows alone?

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.