Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Having problem with unable to get new build to BOOT .
This is only 2nd build for me so probably something I am not doing correctly.
When I push the power switch it starts up & goes into the MOBO BIOS screen
MOBO- ASUS Z590M-Prime
CPU- Intel i5 10600K
RAM- Team Group T-Force DDR4 3200
SSD-Samsung (Still has all my old info & Windows 7 from the old PC on it from when that PC died)

I have a brand new store bought Windows 10 (on USB) I tried to install.
I tried plugging in the Windows 10 USB into different ports on the MOBO & did not help.
When I hit the power button & it powers up, shows Asus splash screen for few seconds & goes straight to BIOS.
When I open the BOOT section of BIOS, the USB Stick IS listed as Boot Option#1
When I repeat without the USB stick in the port & repower, nothing is listed as a boot option so I know it is seeing & recognizing the stick.
It is just not doing anything with the stick.
I am at that point of project that I have entered my "Ignorance Zone"
Looking for a "Man of Knowledge" to enlighten me.
Thank you in advance for your time

Solution
Problem solved.
I figured it out myself.
The Store Bought Windows 10 does not have the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" built in.
I downloaded a copy from Microsoft website on a USB stick (approx 5 GB) used my Windows 10 KEY f code from the Store Bought copy & it worked. Machine is up & running.
I tried to do this before but I did not check the box that indicates this was for a DIFFERENT computer than I was using to make the "Tool" .
Thanks for the suggestions
Sep 3, 2021
Problem solved.
I figured it out myself.
The Store Bought Windows 10 does not have the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" built in.
I downloaded a copy from Microsoft website on a USB stick (approx 5 GB) used my Windows 10 KEY f code from the Store Bought copy & it worked. Machine is up & running.
I tried to do this before but I did not check the box that indicates this was for a DIFFERENT computer than I was using to make the "Tool" .
Thanks for the suggestions

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.