Question New build wont display.

Jul 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased some upgrades from my computer at microcenter and I've officially hit the wall. My computer will not show any display on my monitor or load up to the bios. All fans are running and everything is lighting up. Below I will list all the actions i've taken to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Confirm all cables are correctly fitted
Purchase a 750W power supply
Tried booting with only mouse/keyboard and display
Used three different monitors
Exchanged the motherboard
Exchanged the CPU
Try 3 different sticks of ram (alternated all 4 slots)
Pulled out CMOS battery
Restarted jumpers on the motherboard
Use new sata cables
Tried running it with no HDD or SSD
Removed graphics card
Removed usb 3.0
Used HDMI and DVI slots from GPU and the motherboard.

Here is the troublemaker
Case - NZXT 700i
Motherboard - z390 pro 4
CPU - I7 9700K 3.6ghz
GPU - EVGA 1070GTX 8GB
Dimms - 16GB pcs-2133P
HDD - Toshiba 2TB
SSD - Samsung 840
PDU - Protech 750W
Cooling Fan - Coolmaster Hyper T4

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you change the display input to match the gpu output? Hdmi can be troublesome at times, if the stock chipset drivers that came with the mobo are not installed. Remove totally the gpu, use dvi from motherboard, set input on the monitor for dvi. It should display. If it does, go into bios, change the video adapter to the gpu as primary, save bios and exit, shutdown. Install gpu. Plug dvi into gpu. Boot. Install windows. Install chipset drivers. Swap to hdmi if wanted, make sure to match monitor input.

Hyper T4 is woefully inadequate for a 9700k, if that cpu came with a stock cooler, it'd be a toss up as to which was better.

Jul 17, 2019
Did you change the display input to match the gpu output? Hdmi can be troublesome at times, if the stock chipset drivers that came with the mobo are not installed. Remove totally the gpu, use dvi from motherboard, set input on the monitor for dvi. It should display. If it does, go into bios, change the video adapter to the gpu as primary, save bios and exit, shutdown. Install gpu. Plug dvi into gpu. Boot. Install windows. Install chipset drivers. Swap to hdmi if wanted, make sure to match monitor input.

Hyper T4 is woefully inadequate for a 9700k, if that cpu came with a stock cooler, it'd be a toss up as to which was better.
Unfortunately, I already tried this, and it didn't work. I had the Corsair H55, but the constant re-install became tiresome (those darn screws gave me such a hard time).