Question New build won't start properly (Boot Loop) ?

scherzilla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Hello everybody, i'm trying to assemble my pc but i'm in trouble and my time is running out because if i
don't solve the issue within August i could be forced to leave my city for job for months and leave the PC unassembled... and i don't know if there is a hardware part to replace! So please help me!

I bought a MSI PRO B760-P DDR4 II motherboard with a Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor, a Liquid Freezer III 280 A-RGB cooler, a Gigabyte P750GM power supply, a 12gb MSI GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ventus 3X and a Patriot Viper Steel RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz 32bg module.

So, when i run the pc the yellow motherboard led lights up, then it turn off and the red led lights up, then the PC shut down and after a few seconds it turns on by itself and do another time the same thing and shut down and so on, in a loop.

Now i fear if i connected all of the Liquid freezer cables correctly beacuse Arctic give almost NO INSTRUCTION on this subject. As you can see in the motherboard i have a CPU FAN slot, a PUMP FAN slot, and 5 SYS FAN slots. I connected the three individual Liquid freezer cables like this: the CPU cable to VRM FAN slot, the PUMP cable to PUMP FAN slot and the FAN cable to the SYS FAN num1 slot. In each cooler cable plug there is a number: VRM is 56, PUMP is 31 and FAN is 14... What are this numbers for? Have these numbers something to do with the MB slots Max power that you can see in the picture below (34W, 24W and 12W)? It could be a wrong cooler connection the reason if the pc don't load?

Another issue i noticed is that the Power supply cables for CPU and ATX have a pin missing, in the proper MB slots all pins are present but in the 8 pins CPU cable there is 1 empty pin in the plug that connects to the power supply and in the 24 pins ATX cable there is 1 empty pin in the plug that connects to the motherboard slot. Could it be another possible reason of the issue?

IMG-20240808-001403.jpg
IMG-20240808-001454.jpg
IMG-20240810-073922.jpg
Immagine.jpg
pg33.jpg
Immagine1.jpg

Last edited:
Something has to be connected to CPU_FAN on the MB. Simplest way is to connect everything with one cable to CPU_FAN header that starts from pump and on other end (Thru one hose) to radiator fans.
According to
https://support.arctic.de/en/liquid-freezer-iii-360
it would be "All-in-one " cable. Wider connector to pump and smaller to CPU_FAN header.
Other cable, long connector to pump, on other side of cable , pump connector to W_PUMP or AIO_PUMP to appropriate header on MB, that controls pump itself but is a moot point as it should always run at full speed.
VRM connector, which small fan on the pump (it's called VRM because it's meant to cool VRM on the MB) can be connected to any Chassis_FAN header to MB and it's speed controlled from it but also moot pint because it doesn't do much at lover speed and is pretty quiet anyway.
Fan connector in that case to CPU_FAN header on the MB and radiator fans again connected to pump thru cable that goes thru one radiator hose. Personally, I use All-in- one cable to connect it to W/AIO-PUMP header on the MB because header is next to pump, and not visible. Radiator fans are connected directly to CPU_FAN header on the MB because they are ARGB and not original with cooler, have long leads and everything is closer to top of MB where headers are.

Reactions: stonecarver

scherzilla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Something has to be connected to CPU_FAN on the MB. Simplest way is to connect everything with one cable to CPU_FAN header that starts from pump and on other end (Thru one hose) to radiator fans.
According to
https://support.arctic.de/en/liquid-freezer-iii-360
it would be "All-in-one " cable. Wider connector to pump and smaller to CPU_FAN header.
Other cable, long connector to pump, on other side of cable , pump connector to W_PUMP or AIO_PUMP to appropriate header on MB, that controls pump itself but is a moot point as it should always run at full speed.
VRM connector, which small fan on the pump (it's called VRM because it's meant to cool VRM on the MB) can be connected to any Chassis_FAN header to MB and it's speed controlled from it but also moot pint because it doesn't do much at lover speed and is pretty quiet anyway.
Fan connector in that case to CPU_FAN header on the MB and radiator fans again connected to pump thru cable that goes thru one radiator hose. Personally, I use All-in- one cable to connect it to W/AIO-PUMP header on the MB because header is next to pump, and not visible. Radiator fans are connected directly to CPU_FAN header on the MB because they are ARGB and not original with cooler, have long leads and everything is closer to top of MB where headers are.
Hi there are not those headers in my motherboard, you can see what headers are in my motherboard from the pics i posted, can you please explain where should i connect the Arctic freezer cables that i show in the photo according to my motherboard headers? All cooler fan cables come out from the VRM unit over the CPU and even if i use the All-in-one cable i don t know where to connect it. Im not able to understand your response the way you wrote it sorry...

Hi there are not those headers in my motherboard, you can see what headers are in my motherboard from the pics i posted, can you please explain where should i connect the Arctic freezer cables that i show in the photo according to my motherboard headers? All cooler fan cables come out from the VRM unit over the CPU and even if i use the All-in-one cable i don t know where to connect it. Im not able to understand your response the way you wrote it sorry...
If you use that single, all-in-on cable (which I would recommend) just connect on other side to CPU_FAN1 header on top right on the MB and radiator fans to cable that comes out of one of the hoses. That way all will be regulated by CPU temperature. Both sides, cooler combo and MB header are PWM, 4 wire so make sure you set it in BIOS as such, not voltage regulation. You can adjust fan's speed curve from same place as desired.
BTW. It's not "VRM unit" but cold plate that transfers heat from CPU via fins immersed in water and pump that pumps water thru radiator. VRM fan is small fan in top of pump unit and blows on the VRM section on the MB to provide some more cooling to it if case cooling is not adequate.

Reactions: stonecarver

scherzilla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
If you use that single, all-in-on cable (which I would recommend) just connect on other side to CPU_FAN1 header on top right on the MB and radiator fans to cable that comes out of one of the hoses. That way all will be regulated by CPU temperature. Both sides, cooler combo and MB header are PWM, 4 wire so make sure you set it in BIOS as such, not voltage regulation. You can adjust fan's speed curve from same place as desired.
BTW. It's not "VRM unit" but cold plate that transfers heat from CPU via fins immersed in water and pump that pumps water thru radiator. VRM fan is small fan in top of pump unit and blows on the VRM section on the MB to provide some more cooling to it if case cooling is not adequate.
So I should connect the all-in-one cable to CPU_FAN1, but radiator fans are included in the all-in-one cable so i don't understand the second thing you wrote... unless you were referring to the single connections cable where there are the cpu cable the pump cable and the fan cable....
Do you have any idea of what the small numbers in the 3 cables mean? Do you know why there are 2 empty pins in the CPU power cable and ATX power cable?

scherzilla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Ok good news i disassembled the pump, the cpu and the ram. I changed the triple cable with the all-in-one cable that i connected to the CPU_FAN1 as you suggested and reassembled everything and the PC now loaded! I'm installing windows and trying to undestand how to set properly fans curve. Thank you!