Question new build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 26, 2020
i know this will probably be an easy help for some of you guys but i havent built a pc for a while, so any errors i run into is guesswork unless i can get help

basically as far as im aware all is compatible, set up correctly and installed correctly, switch on power, come to bios screen, load bios it asks for, so i look at the new motherboard disk that came in the box and think this must be what its asking for however i notice i dont have a disk drive so i put it in my old pc disk drive on my old pc with intention of seing if the drive still works and then disconnecting it and attaching it to my new pc to install the bios, however the disk tray opens, i put in disk, it closes then it stopped working, i turn off my old pc, disconnect the disk tray with new motherboard disk inside and connect this to my new pc hoping to eliminate issues, no good the disk drive wont work not even with new cables, its probably broke due to it never being used in 10 years, so now i have a trapped disk in an old disk tray.

what id like to know is, is there another way to set up the bios on my new pc?

what options do i have?

can i simply plug in a usb stick download a bios from AMD/MSI onto it then plug that into my new pc and that will work and install the bios?

any help would be appreciated