New Call of Duty Entry Slated for 2013 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ1217

Honorable
[citation][nom]quark004[/nom]this crap again[/citation]

I hate COD, but you can't deny BO2 was probably a step in the right direction. I played it once or twice and it felt like a much more mature game.

G

Activation said they wiill put out a COD every year until it stops selling just like tony hawk. This isn't a surprise to make, it keeps making more money every time. Only when it flops hard will they stop making them.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I remember an interview with an Inifinity Ward employee nack when MW3 released that said their next game would be next-gen with a brand new Engine, and it is IW's turn in the 2 year cycle. I really hope it turns out that way, CoD badly needs a new engine, I'd love to see support for more players, some destructible environment, and of course better graphics. However, even if they do make a new engine, it probably won't look as good as BF4, which is rumored to be a next-gen launch title as well.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
why do they need to stop? maybe for reason blizzard activision are killing gamming and innovation.. very simple when market is saturated with CoD people try to replicate CoD... pretty much sums it up they evil company just like EA... blizzard is no longer respected anymore long gone days of Diablo 1 and 2 :/ good example is bioware... another company going down hill!! its major big players in gaming biz that control to much and it really ruins gaming alltogether... but sheeps are to blame as much as these companys that make these games maybe one day people will stop with CoD games lets hope so for furture of gaming :/...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i still don't get why people buy CoD games, i have played them in multiplayer at friend's houses who have multiple copies each year and multiple copies... it is ok but not stellar, hell tribes ascend is f2p and 100x funner , well i guess somebody has to crank out first person closed world shooters , and you can't blame them, they do sell

bucknutty

Distinguished
10 year anniversary of COD. I had a PC lanparty when the first cod came out (man that was an amazing game for the time, prone, iron sites, cone of fire) I plan to have a lan party for this one. There’s a good chance COD 1 will get more play time but who knows. Who wants to come?
I Love COD!!

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
So if they only charged $40 for the game, they would only gross $667 million dollars. Not nearly enough to run the company. Piracy is ruining the gaming industry. This proves always on internet connection DRM must be implemented immediately, for the sake of the corporations!

toadhammer

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]Piracy is ruining the gaming industry. [/citation]
The #1 thing that keeps me from buying a game is no decent length single-player campaign. Mindlessly running around killing each other in multi is fun for about 10 minutes. If you need to produce a new game (map) every 20 minutes to keep customers engaged, you're doing something wrong.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
they will keep making these games every year so long as they sell like they do. I will accept BO2 was much better than what I played of its predecessors, but I would really suggest they take a break after this next release. remember what happened with those other two dry cows in Activisions barn? yeah, Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero were once the prized IPs, now abandoned and humiliated. I have BO2 and CO4, I feel they are enough if I ever want to play close quarters military shooter. I wont be paying $60 this year for a new map pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.