[SOLVED] New Case Aerocool tor case

1Goba1

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Bought myself a new Aerocool tor case, comes with a hub for ARGB but I have TUF B450M-Plus gaming motherboard... None ARGB. My Question is, What hub or cable converter do I need to get, So that the ASUS Aura sync will work if this is possible.

I sort of understand the difference one is 12v and the other 5v but after trying to google it... I'm lost as, Some sites so yes buy a HUB converter others say out right nope don't work can't link etc, Then others say you can get a cable...

I'm just total lost. What do I need to buy or what do I do ?

Thanks for reading Matt

Solution
See your case manual, pages 8-9. See the third set of details on p.9, "For Non- Addressable RGB Motherboards", which is what you have. You make only three connections to the hub board: power from the PSU via a SATA power output, a small 2-wire cable from the board to the case's top front LED button, and ONE of the two cables from the larger connector goes to a mobo CHA_FAN header to pick up a PWM signal to control fan speeds. You do NOT make any connection to your mobo's plain 4-pin RGB header on the top edge above the CPU_FAN header - that is the WRONG type of lighting header. Then you use the remote control box included with the case to set fan speeds (use the Fan Auto button to let the mobo control those speeds) and to configure...
The Aerocool web page says:
"Both the Addressable RGB fans and the Addressable RGB plate can be controlled using any one of three ways: RGB LED control button on top of the case, RGB remote control, or Addressable RGB motherboard. "

How to install it with or without using the motherboard, is explained in the manual, page 08, that you can download from the same web page.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Can't mix argb with rgb. They aren't the same thing, regardless of voltages.

RGB is 1 power in and 1 ground for each color out. 4 pins. The color changed by changing the amperage on the ground wire for each color. This changes the color for the entire string of fans/lights connected to the header.

ARGB is 1 power in, 1 ground out and the color is changed per led by the data wire for 3 pins total.

2 totally different circuits and requirements. If your mobo does not have the correct header and circuit type, you must rely on outside sources, such as a USB type hub, standalone remote hub or case switch.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
See your case manual, pages 8-9. See the third set of details on p.9, "For Non- Addressable RGB Motherboards", which is what you have. You make only three connections to the hub board: power from the PSU via a SATA power output, a small 2-wire cable from the board to the case's top front LED button, and ONE of the two cables from the larger connector goes to a mobo CHA_FAN header to pick up a PWM signal to control fan speeds. You do NOT make any connection to your mobo's plain 4-pin RGB header on the top edge above the CPU_FAN header - that is the WRONG type of lighting header. Then you use the remote control box included with the case to set fan speeds (use the Fan Auto button to let the mobo control those speeds) and to configure lighting display patterns - see case manual p. 12-13 for how. You can NOT use the mobo's Aura Sync utility to control your case's ARGB colour displays.

Reactions: Karadjgne
Solution