New Chromebook Pixel Has Hidden Konami Code Easter Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Sometimes they threw the "Select, Start" on the end as well. Wasn't always needed, though.[/citation]

Select, Start, is for 2 players with 30 lives! Regular B, A, B, A Start was for single player.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
[citation][nom]lasaldude[/nom]Select, Start, is for 2 players with 30 lives! Regular B, A, B, A Start was for single player.[/citation]

This guy knows his stuff! As select would move number of players option at the title screen to 2 players.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I suspect with that kind of resolution and only the HD4000 IGP any type of graphics will suffer, including HD internet video. Even Apple refused to run their MacBook Pro Retina off the HD4000 IGP.

omarccx

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]I suspect with that kind of resolution and only the HD4000 IGP any type of graphics will suffer, including HD internet video. Even Apple refused to run their MacBook Pro Retina off the HD4000 IGP.[/citation]
The 13" Retina MBP runs 2560x1600 on HD4000.

G

Dumb to have stuff like this. You might think whats the big deal. But think, thats a code hoook that examines every keystroke for a code match. Its a perpetual delay on your key strokes, a perpetual load on your processor. Sure its not much of a load, but its still stupid to have a worthless load like this forever.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]sdflkjkl2jkljskljk[/nom]Dumb to have stuff like this. You might think whats the big deal. But think, thats a code hoook that examines every keystroke for a code match. Its a perpetual delay on your key strokes, a perpetual load on your processor. Sure its not much of a load, but its still stupid to have a worthless load like this forever.[/citation]
Don't like it? reformat the HDD and put another OS on it.

Personally, I like it. It could be a cool thing to show off to people if they ask about your Chromebook.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Personally I think they went overboard with the high end part of this for the OS. But to each their own, I am very happy with my ARM based Samsung Chromebook and I hope that this one succeeds as well. I wouldn't mind seeing more success for Chromebooks it's actually a great OS if you just want something basic and easy to use.

G

No USB 3.0, no thunderbolt, and $1300.00, OMG and Intel HD 4000 graphics! That cost is just 100 less as a 13 in macbook pro with a retna display at microcenter, and the macbook pro has 2 thunderbolt ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports, and a 128 GB SSD drive! The macbook pro also has Intel HD grphics 4000 but with its thunderbolt ports you could add an external GPU expansion box to the mac and still have one free thunderbolt Port! What does the cromebook have that makes is cost almost as much as a low end Macbook pro retna, maybe a free shag wit a supermodel! I'll drop the extra C-note and get the Mac!

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
And I thought Disney slipping the Konami code into "Wreck it Ralph" was a pretty cool nod to people from my generation.
Gotta love geek humor.

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
wow, overkill. who needs that kind of resolution on a 12 inch screen? my laptop has an 11.6 inch screen and 768p is just fine. what, does every letter need 7 trillion pixels?

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
It's actually quite disappointing this laptop has "the highest pixel density of an laptop on the market" whilst my smartphone has nearly double the density..

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]TheinsanegamerN[/nom]wow, overkill. who needs that kind of resolution on a 12 inch screen? my laptop has an 11.6 inch screen and 768p is just fine. what, does every letter need 7 trillion pixels?[/citation]
Because progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.