New Computer Build : Turn ON but... No Signal/No Beep/No Post, tried everything....

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Hi everyone this morning I've received all my components to build my new computer. :D

• Motherboard : Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H
    CPU : AMD Athlon X4 860K
    PSU : Cooler Master G650M
    GC : MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr
    HDD : Seagate 1TB SATA3
    RAM * 2 : Crucial 4GB DDR3 - 1600(PC3-12800) UDIMM 240-PIN
    Wireless PCI : TP-Link-WN951
    OD : SAMSUNG-SH-224DB/BEBE
Once I had connected everything I turned it ON, the ventigrad started to turn etc, etc, I was like "YAAAAY :pt1cable: " but then I looked at the monitor and I was "NOOOOOPE :ouch: "... The monitor was displaying "No Signal" and I also noticed there was no beeping (though I've installed the MoBo Speaker).

So I checked all the wires/components everything was fine, I restarted the computer... Still nothing !

Then I arrived here on this forum and a lot of people were having this problem and I tried everything :
I've completed every single thing of this thread. Still nothing...

Also checked that one. Helpless...

And here is all the other test I've done :

NOTE that all these test were done without the GC, HDD, OD and Wireless PCI connected, only the MoBo, PSU, CPU and the RAM. I also tried outside the computer case.

I tried each RAM stick in each slots, still nothing.

I also used my brother's RAM stick that work fine on his computer ( I couldn't use other components because he has a non self-build computer and components are well fixed inside the case), still nothing.

I started the computer without any RAM stick... The computer started beeping non-stop like the Apollo 13 Master Allarm. Which is normal after all, am I right ?!

I tried to unplug the CPU power cable and the RAM sticks at the same time -> no beeping which seems normal.

So what's the problem...? Any idea ? I really need some help...please... :??:

Solution
• The CPU is supported, the BIOS may need to be updated but it should at least allow the CPU to work to some degree.
• The heatsink overheating means the CPU is overheating... that can lead to; no display, shutdowns, restarts.
• The question would be; why does it not post with the RAM installed?... It may be it's not compatible = The stock RAM voltage may be incompatible with the motherboard. What Crucial model is it?
• You cold try a different RAM module.. if the computer runs, check the BIOS RAM voltage and adjust it to the RAM's stock voltage.

Motherboard GA-F2A88XM-D3H
CPU: AMD - Athlon X4 860K - 3700MHz - 1MBx4 - Kaveri - 28nm - A1 - 95W- BIOS F6
http://www.gigabyte.com.mx/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4716...

No matter how many tests you do if you do not install the Graphics Card you will not get video.. the motherboard does not have integrated video, it depends on an APU or a PCIe Graphics Card, and the AMD Athlon X4 860K is a CPU (without integrated video). Reset the BIOS and install everything in the list and see what happens.

How to Reset Your BIOS
http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

So this morning I started form scratch here are some pictures of the build.
http://imgur.com/a/Jw1Dp

I can't reset my BIOS because I can't get to it... "No Signal" on the monitor WITH the GC connected to the MoBoand the monitor...

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Okay thank you, is there anyway to update de BIOS without the CPU ? With a usb or something ?

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

I'll see if I can find a local shop to do so. I'll be screwed if the BIOS is already F6 and the problem's not that one but anyway I'll keep the thread updated !

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Sorry for the double-post but in the meantime I have some questions :

- The Graphic Card don't have any driver installed (and I can't install them like this) can it be a problem ?
- Why is the motherboard beeping when I start the computer without any RAM if the BIOS does not work ?

You don't need a video signal to reset the BIOS... do it removing the battery. And the BIOS does support the CPU, it says FM2/FM2+ on the pictures so it does support the AMD Athlon X4 860K. The BIOS beeps indicate it is posting, just that you can't see it... the beep code should help determine what's causing the problem.

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Yes I know but as I mentionned there are no beeps... I contacted the costumer service and explained the thing about the F5/F6 version I'm going to send back the MoBo tomorrow and they'll send me a new one, hoping it will work.....

That's where you said the motherboard is beeping.. that's the BIOS protesting the lack of RAM...
As for you other question; The graphics card should work on VGA mode during the BIOS post and all the way till Windows starts loading, then while specific drivers are not yet installed it should work with default Windows drivers.

What I can make of the problem is that the BIOS may be set by default to work with a APU video and to make it work with a PCIe video card you may have to reset it so when it starts detecting hardware it may detect the PCIe card... I would suggest you try this before sending it back.

I've read a number of identical cases where a BIOS reset has worked. So, if you/re still up to it, remove the power cable or turn the PSU off and with all the PSU connections done, and everything installed (RAM, GPU, HDD) and the monitor connected to the GPU:

1. Open the case and remove the BIOS battery
2. Press the power button and hold it for 30 to 60 seconds to deplete residual power from capacitors and components
3. Wait 5 to 10 minutes before putting the battery back on and plugging the AC power cable.
4. Start the computer, listen for BIOS beep codes, and wait a few minutes*

If you get the same blank screen with the no video message, if possible try a different GPU and after more of the same send the mobo back. Obviously if you do get video with a different GPU, send the MSI GeForce GTX 760 back.. nothing of these may work but better be thorough... it takes little time and effort.

* I had a motherboard that took up to 15 seconds before starting to post and work normally... another older computer I had, it started taking up to 30-40 minutes before getting video, posting and working normally. Those may have been bad cases but are examples that BIOS/hardware issues can make it take long before posting and working normally, so if you haven't done already, wait a reasonable period of time before shutting it down and giving up on it.

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
BIG UPDATE :
- tried with different GPU, still no post
- tried with different RAM, still no post
- sent back the MOBO, got a new one, tested it... NO POST :(
- Waited ~5min for post but the computer shutdown...... When I touched the CPU cooler it was really really hot..... Overheated ?!

Afterall it might be the CPU....

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

SN141640055032

Do any of the fans/lights work when you turn on the computer? If not, its most likely the CPU.

CPU fan and Video card fans seems to turn normaly

Jawstin

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

God damn it.... So should I go see a local store ?