new computer clone old disk

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hello all
I am not sure this is the right forum yo ask my question ., but may be you direct me to the right one ,
And to my question .
Is there any way to clone a disk ( win 7 OS) to a new computer with different hardware then the source one ? I try to find the answer and try 2 software packages that did not do the work or i did not use it correctly
the software are Macrium and Paragon
regards ahead Doron

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hi
Thanks for try to help . may be I was misunderstand .I have a new PC with new hard disk .I don 't want to go all the process of installing all software and moving all files from the old PC but to create some kind og image that I can install on my new PC that for now has nothing on it
Regards Doron

1. Is this an OEM or Retail copy of Windows 7?

OEM does not allow a change of motherboard. The license is tied to the first one it's installed on. Retail allows a change but you can only use the key on one machine at a time.

2. If the hardware is different you will have to do at least a repair installation. I doubt it'll even boot until you do.

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hi
The WIN7 is Retail copy .I try to clone the disk using Paragon and got a message that I "the boot selection failed because a required deice is inaccessible" . try to run the repair from the wi 7 installation disk the process seemed to pass successfully but it did not solve the initial problem
Any ideas accept begin to installing all from stage 0 ?

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Isn't it better to do a fresh install, considering new hardware and all. I heard that can cause issues just cloning a disk with old device drivers and old reg key entries on to new hardware.

yiion

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
My tool is a freeware-aomei backupper. It support disk clone. You can google and know about it.
You should read its instruction before you use any software.
Good luck.