New Computer Not Recognizing GPU

Lookin4Info

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
So, I just helped my friend build a new computer and it seems that the new computer wont detect his new graphics card. If he looks into the computer the fan on the graphics card is spinning. We got windows installed and used the motherboard dvd and connected it to the internet and everything. If we go into device manager > display adapters the graphics card doesn't show up, it doesn't show up in dxdiag either. The computer just doesn't seem to recognize the graphics card at all. Geforce experience wont recognize it either. The bios shows the primary graphics as PCI Express but the only thing that works is the integrated. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING

1. make sure the 4/8 pin cpu power plug on edge of mb is connected. if not the gpu wont come on.
2. make sure the new mb has the newest bios. in the bios look for primany display. if it set to auto or ipgpu set it to peg/pci and turn on muilti monitor support to keep both video cards on.
3. install intel chipset drivers.
make sure the gpu in straight and locked into the top video slot.

Lookin4Info

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Hi, already checked the CPU 8 pin power and it is plugged in.

I am going to have him update the bios today. Already checked the bios for the primary display and it is set to PCI Express. The 1050ti does not need and does not have any PCIE 6 or 8 pin power plugs.

Where can I get the chipset drivers from? CPU is i3-4170 and the motherboard is the ASRock Gaming Fatal1ty Z97 Killer. Also had him reseat the gpu and it is in the top slot too.