New Computer Trouble: screen shuts off and won't power down

wom1998

Prominent
May 17, 2017
I put this in the windows 10 thread because I don't really know what the problem is.

I'm a digital design student and I needed to build a high-end computer for a 3d studio class I'm taking this semester.

My Specs:
Asus Prime x470
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
32 GB corsair vengeance ddr4 2666mts
Corsair CX series 650-watt PSU
Evga gtx 1080 SC
Corair Hydro H100i v2 liquid AIO
I also have a 500 GB ssd and 2 2TB HHDs

After first installing windows I had to boot through the bios for some reason despite changing the boot priority to the SSD (where windows is installed). This happened even with only the SSD connected. Now sometimes it boots right into windows but sometimes it is still making me go through the bios.

The other, and probably more urgent, is that my computer screen will randomly go blank and I can't turn off the computer without hitting the switch on the PSU. It's not the cable, this still occurs with HDMI, DVI, and display port.

When it is running it works fine. At first, I thought the CPU was overheating (corsair link was giving me whacky numbers and I'd never installed a liquid AIO before) but several other softwares say its fine.

I should also note that I have build several computers before and never run into any of these problems.
If you have any ideas please let me know, thanks!

wom1998

Prominent
May 17, 2017

Do you think I need a higher watt PSU? maybe 750? I used the Coolermaster PSU calculator said my build uses around 450 watts so I assumed a 650 watt PSU would be fine.