Question New cpu and motherboard in old setup

Barrdock

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2017
Hello. My setup is: Cpu:i7 7700K,Gpu:MSI GTX 1080 gaming x(8gb),Motherboard:ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING,RAM:CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1A2400C14R VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 2400MHZ 64GB,SSD:SAMSUNG 970 EVO,Cpu cooler:CRYORIG H7,PSU:Super flower golden green HX series 750 Watt(SF-750P14XE).Case:Cooler Master CM90-III.My question is:Which i7,i9,Ryzen 7 Ryzen 9 cpu and cpu air cooler with which motherboard can fit to this setup? My budget is 450-500 euros.This pc is used for gaming .Note:GPU Will be changed in the future.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Which platinum PSU from Seasonic do you have? How old is the PSU in your build? You mentioned the currency but where are you located? Preferred site for purchase? So we can locate something closer to you).

If you want to go with concurrent Intel gear, you'll need at least a 360mm AIO while beefy air coolers can be possible with the AM5 platform Ryzen.

Make and model of your case?(it's to understand any clearance issues you might run into).

Barrdock

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2017
Which platinum PSU from Seasonic do you have? How old is the PSU in your build? You mentioned the currency but where are you located? Preferred site for purchase? So we can locate something closer to you).

If you want to go with concurrent Intel gear, you'll need at least a 360mm AIO while beefy air coolers can be possible with the AM5 platform Ryzen.

Make and model of your case?(it's to understand any clearance issues you might run into).
Sorry i was wrong about my PSU. it's this:

PSU SUPER FLOWER GOLDEN GREEN HX SERIES 750W (SF-750P14XE)​

and its 7 years old.
My case is this:

CoolerMaster Cm 590 III​

As for cpu i want the best for the rest of hardware but i prefer air coolers.So if i understood what are you saying AMD is my only choice.I just want to keep RAM as it is.I live in Greece and i will buy everything from here but from many local sites.