[SOLVED] New cpu (Bang for your buck)

tylerhommel

Commendable
Dec 18, 2017
I'm looking for a CPU that is better than the one I have right now. (Capable of recording minecraft with high settings: 1080p 120FPS + Render with sony vegas 14 at 1440p 60fps)
Motherboard: ASROCK FM2A88M
CPU: AMD Athlon 880k
GPU: Nvidia 1050 ti

Solution
Sorry for replying late, I have 16GB's of ram and did some research into CPU's for this motherboard. I knew that I would need probably need a new motherboard to get a better CPU so I came here to check if I was right on the fact that I would need a new motherboard for a better cpu. Budget doesn't matter but i'm trying to go for the cheapest option.

You'll need DDR4 RAM, so your existing RAM doesn't help here.

Some kind of budget neighborhood really would be useful. I'd be looking at a Ryzen 3000 series, but I have no idea if that's in your budget range.

tylerhommel

Commendable
Dec 18, 2017
Sorry for replying late, I have 16GB's of ram and did some research into CPU's for this motherboard. I knew that I would need probably need a new motherboard to get a better CPU so I came here to check if I was right on the fact that I would need a new motherboard for a better cpu. Budget doesn't matter but i'm trying to go for the cheapest option.
What's your budget? A better CPU will involve a new motherboard and RAM as well.

DSzymborski

Titan

You'll need DDR4 RAM, so your existing RAM doesn't help here.

Some kind of budget neighborhood really would be useful. I'd be looking at a Ryzen 3000 series, but I have no idea if that's in your budget range.

Solution