Question New cpu cooler no display signal

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I bought be quiet dark rock pro 4 cooler and changed today with old one deepcool gammaxx 400. I installed everything correctly and when i turn on pc i got no signal on my monitor. Tried display port and dvi dual link but still no signal. Both coolers working properly on dark rock pro 4 when i turn pc on. Also i tried different ram slots for my 2 ram sticks. Both ram stics are same 2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx. Switched off every cable on mothrrboard and turned on again, nothing helped, at the end i decide to remove cmos battery for 5 min. Again no display signal. After all of that i give up and decide to install old my old cpu cooler deepcool gammaxx 400, and now i got same problem even with old cpu cooler, no display signal. My specs: i7 9700k, msi mpg z390 gaming plus, nvme ssd, sata ssd, sata hdd, zotac rtx 2070, thermaltake 750w gold 80. I really don't know what is the problem did i damage my cpu or something else.?

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Did you check if you accidentally bent the socket pins?

What I like about AMD is that the pins are on the CPU and are therefore easier to fix than pins on the motherboard's socket.

Try onboard graphics without the GPU.
I tried onboard gpu too but again no display signal and yes i checked pins on socket. few pins are broken, tried to fix them but i give up because i damaged more of them. That happens probably because i twisted screws too hard on cooler. I hope that is the problem, motherboard is much cheaper than rest of the components. Can i damage my cpu because is mounted on broken socket? Like i say i hope new motherboard is gonna work properly with my Cpu.

Edit: first time when i mount dark rock pro 4 cooler, my pc start turning on and off every few seconds.

I tried onboard gpu too but again no display signal and yes i checked pins on socket. few pins are broken, tried to fix them but i give up because i damaged more of them. That happens probably because i twisted screws too hard on cooler. I hope that is the problem, motherboard is much cheaper than rest of the components. Can i damage my cpu because is mounted on broken socket? Like i say i hope new motherboard is gonna work properly with my Cpu.

Edit: first time when i mount dark rock pro 4 cooler, my pc start turning on and off every few seconds.

The CPU is fine its just the motherboard.
You can sell it as it is on ebay.

It happened to my old 4770K, I replaced the motherboard and everything was working after.

Reactions: xyloosepwr

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
The CPU is fine its just the motherboard.
You can sell it as it is on ebay.

It happened to my old 4770K, I replaced the motherboard and everything was working after.
Thx for support, i already ordered new one motherboard Asus prime z390-p. Gonna try fix pins on old one and sell it for half price. Sadly i bought msi mpg z390 gaming plus just one month ago.

Reactions: Zizo007