Question New CPU is not detected but somehow it works ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 6, 2024
Hi, I have such a weird problem.

Today my Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPU arrived, and i upgraded it on my motherboard (I had an E6750). I put the cooler in (it did a small mini bend for my mobo but i think its okay). I boot up my pc, go in Windows, and I see in the Computer tab, processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU E;932 @2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz. I seated the CPU in properly I am 100% sure,

I followed Intel's and Linus Tech Tips's Tutorial for it, but still nothing. I removed CMOS battery, cleared CMOS. But then it said, Post error failed checksum smth like that, then some gray screen with configs (Default and Last Known Good) I clicked on Last Known Good, and weird stuff happened, the CPU numbers changed to E;318 in Windows. Any help, please? I will send you my SPECS! I even tried Q-FlasH

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
GPU: GT 730 Asus
Mobo: P35-DS3 rev 2.1 with F14 BIOS
RAM: Kingston 2x1 GB 333 MHz and PQ1 CORP 2X1 GB 400 MHz (4 GB TOTAL!)
PSU: Not sure, says, Model: 350X, I am sure its 350 W!
I have 2 SSDS and 1 HDD

Please help! Ty!

Edit #1: I got the CPU and Cooler from AliExpress (the CPU from SZ-CPU STORE and the AIGO ICE200PRO cooler from ofc AIGO store)

May 6, 2024
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
€10.75 | Xeon E5450 Processor 3.0GHz works on lga 775 motherboard
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eur14VB
I have just talked to my parents about buying. They talked to a friend of ours that fixes phones and more and he said that 100% isopropyl alcohol can burn my mobo and start a fire. I tried talking out with them about getting 98 or 99 maybe less but unfortunately due to them not knowing it cannot ruin it and my pc being fully off, I cannot do anything. Contact spray without oil could not find anywhere nor isopropyl. My issue could be dusty socket and cpu.