[SOLVED] New cpu

Jul 28, 2019
I am looking to buy an i5 9400f cpu as my i7 920 is getting out dated. I have also picked out new RAM and a new Motherboard because my older things wont be compatible with this 9400. I was wondering if my new parts that Im looking into buying are all compatible with one another. My current GPU is the 1070 superclocked and wont be getting replaced. Here are the new possible parts

OLOy 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model MD4U082417IBSA for Intel X99 / X299 / Z390 / Z370 / Z270 / Z170 Platform
CPU
Intel Core Intel Core i5-9400F Desktop Processor 6 Cores 4.1 GHz Turbo Without Graphics
Motherboard
ASRock H310CM-HDV/M.2 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel H310 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

If you could let me know if these parts are compatible or not please let me know! Thanks

Solution
Not necessarily. The H310 chipset would require a BIOS update to be compatible with the 9th-gen Intel CPU. That motherboard might not be able to flash the BIOS without a compatible CPU already installed. You would want an Z390 motherboard to make sure it is compatible with the i5-9400F. There are some motherboards the I think can update the bios without a compatible CPU installed; I watched a YouTube video of a manufacturer doing it just the other day. But I cannot remember who it was. :/

Also, be sure to get 2x sticks of RAM in a kit so you can run dual-channel memory. Single-channel is known to hurt performance in some games.
Not necessarily. The H310 chipset would require a BIOS update to be compatible with the 9th-gen Intel CPU. That motherboard might not be able to flash the BIOS without a compatible CPU already installed. You would want an Z390 motherboard to make sure it is compatible with the i5-9400F. There are some motherboards the I think can update the bios without a compatible CPU installed; I watched a YouTube video of a manufacturer doing it just the other day. But I cannot remember who it was. :/

Also, be sure to get 2x sticks of RAM in a kit so you can run dual-channel memory. Single-channel is known to hurt performance in some games.

Solution