New custom PC randomly restarting

gerbillover

Honorable
Apr 13, 2017
Edit: It turns out one of the cables in my PC had become dislodged from the PSU. I've corrected this and now the PC seems to be fine.

So around 2 weeks ago, I bought a custom-built PC from CeX, and for the first week or so I had no problems with it. However, now I am having a few issues.

Firstly, often when I am using the PC, it will randomly restart, no warnings given whatsoever. Sometimes it will even just switch off, despite the power button staying lit and the fans continuing to operate. At this moment the power button is unresponsive, so I am forced to turn off my PC via the plug. It seems to have no care for when it restarts, sometimes even restarting when it is starting.

Another issue is that, occasionally when the computer starts up, I am greeted with a screen stating that Windows failed to start correctly, which asks me if I would like to restart or check the settings. When I choose to restart, it will restart and just go back into the cycle of random restarts.

Obviously, since this is a custom PC, the specs are;

OS - Windows 10
Processor - A4-6300 Dual Core with Integrated Graphics
RAM - 8GB
HDD - 500GB
SSD - 128GB

Thank you for reading, hopefully we can find a solution.

gerbillover

Honorable
Apr 13, 2017

I don't see any large stickers, except for one on the area where it plugs in which says "AC 230V"

Just to clarify, is the PSU the cable or the area where the cable connects to the PC.

gerbillover

Honorable
Apr 13, 2017
Ah ok, so is that likely the reason the PC has been switching off? If it is, the one thing that confuses me is for the first week i used it I had no power issues whatsoever, and as far as I remember I haven't changed anything.

gerbillover

Honorable
Apr 13, 2017
Don't worry, I think I've actually managed to solve the problem. It seems that one of the cables inside my PC connected to the PSU had came out somehow. Sorry for bothering you, though I will say thank you for your help and I have learnt a few things from you.