New DC Universe Online Trailer Takes Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Andy_Newton[/nom]Cross platform? How can no Xbox 360, no Linux, & no Mac, no iPhone, no android support can qualify as cross platform?[/citation]

They are gimmicks, not platform...

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]Andy_Newton[/nom]Cross platform? How can no Xbox 360, no Linux, & no Mac, no iPhone, no android support can qualify as cross platform?[/citation]

"Cross Platform" refers to xbox, pc, sometimes mac, and ps3/portable ones. Linux isnt counted as a platform, mac and iphone same thing, its not uncommon for them not to get games, and android is a phone os, get real lol

msdss

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]How is it that PC has rights to the game but 360 does not? Is Microsoft dividing itself now?[/citation]

Because the 360 and a PC are both platforms, Microsoft Windows is not a platform, but an OS on a platform.

Also, this game is being developed and published by Sony, if that isn't reason enough as to why its not on the 360 then there is no help for you.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]msdss[/nom]Because the 360 and a PC are both platforms, Microsoft Windows is not a platform, but an OS on a platform.Also, this game is being developed and published by Sony, if that isn't reason enough as to why its not on the 360 then there is no help for you.[/citation]

Yes, 360 and PC are both platforms operated by Microsoft. Since Sony is making this game, yet it is available on Microsoft Windows, why would they not go one step further and port the game to 360?

Also, Microsoft's game coding is extremely similar for PC and 360, PS3's is quite different. So if Microsoft has gone to the trouble to code it for PC but you can't understand that they should do the same for 360, there is no help for you.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Yes, 360 and PC are both platforms operated by Microsoft. Since Sony is making this game, yet it is available on Microsoft Windows, why would they not go one step further and port the game to 360?

Also, Microsoft's game coding is extremely similar for PC and 360, PS3's is quite different. So if Microsoft has gone to the trouble to code it for PC but you can't understand that they should do the same for 360, there is no help for you.

I don't know if you are agreeing/ disagreeing with msdss but he is right.
DC Online is being brought to us by Sony who owns the PS3. For them to make the game available on the XBox and loose sales would not be a wise.
The Windows OS is not a direct competition for the PS3 but more of another market for them.
It is easier to create a game for both Windows and XBox but why increase revenue for your competitor?

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jgiron[/nom]I don't know if you are agreeing/ disagreeing with msdss but he is right.DC Online is being brought to us by Sony who owns the PS3. For them to make the game available on the XBox and loose sales would not be a wise. The Windows OS is not a direct competition for the PS3 but more of another market for them.It is easier to create a game for both Windows and XBox but why increase revenue for your competitor?[/citation]

Exactly, Why should Sony increase the number of titles on a competing system and thus increase a competitor's market share?

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Looks very similar to City of Heroes & City of Villains IMO w/ the exception of fighting with or against known characters.[/citation]
I was thinking the same thing!

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]I was thinking the same thing![/citation]

I know there are items and weapons in it, but its been ages since I tried the free trial for CoH, so I am not certian if its a much more expanded idea than that. Also with the heroes and villans in the same universe, it should be a bit more interesting in a PvP form.

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Graphics looked OK to me. The biggest thing I noticed was that in all the trailers, there are 0 people walking around. I get that it's fun to play a super-being but not unless there is some collateral damage... ie people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.