Question New Dell came with Win11, bought in US, Need to use Maxell Spanish Keyboard, Won't play nice.

LDPRICHARD

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
We just bought my hubby a new Dell laptop with Win11. BACKSTORY -- We now live in Panama. My husband is a journalist who writes with native fluency in both English and Spanish. As a result, it is easier for him to function with a Spanish keyboard. I'll put this in bullet points to hopefully make it easier to follow.

1) Spanish keyboard works FINE on his 10 yr old HP Pavilion (Yes, 10 yrs old, but runs Win10 just fine) -- IOS is in English. Computer was purchased in US -- Again, no problem with Spanish keyboard and English OS.

2) Purchased a new Dell 3 months ago. Purchased in US. Came loaded with Win 11. He connected the EXACT SAME WIRELESS SPANISH KEYBOARD that works perfectly fine with his HP Pavillion running Win10. However, he can't get the Dell to fully recognize that Spanish keyboard. It won't type the all of correct punctuation (a disaster for a journalist trying to write in Spanish).

3) Both computers were purchased in the US. The Maxell keyboard was purchased in Panama. It is, obviously, a Spanish keyboard. It works FINE with the old HP Pavillion running Win10. It will NOT play nicely with the new Dell running Win11.

We are at a complete loss. YouTube hasn't netted much. Nor has Windows support. Obi Wan Community, you're our only hope.