New external hard drive appears in device manager but not in disk management - Windows Xp

ila1990

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Hi,
I've read lots of pages presumably talking about similar problem but still have no clue what is going on with my hard drive.
I've just bought a new Western Digital 3 TB hard drive. When I connected it to my old Win Xp computer as usual it made a sound & began to install it. It even presented the "successfully installed and ready to use message", but no window appeared and there was no respective drive in explorer. I can see the hard drive listed under "Device manager>Disk drives" but there is nothing regarding this particular hard drive in "Disk management" though!
Then I connected it to a Windows 7 laptop and it appeared seamlessly! There I deleted the volume and quick formatted as NTFS & tried it on Xp with no avail :(

I have several other external usb hard drives (WesternDigital & with the same capacity) which I've used in this same Xp machine but this is the first time that I've gone through this difficulty.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance