New Gaming PC

slayinsoulja

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Hello, I'm currently looking to build my first computer. I been researching around new egg for months on what I'm looking for. I currently want something that will be able to max out all the latest games for at least the next year or so before thinking about SLI or overclocking. My last desktop was an Alienware and I've had it for over 6 years now so it's clearly outdated. I will be using it for mostly gaming and running maybe 1080p movies on a 50" LCD television. My budget is around $2,100. I was very interested in the new i7 six core since that would hold very well with future games. Any suggestions?

Games, especially at high resolutions, are mostly GPU power. Of course there is always the thing of bottlenecking but even the 980X bottlenecks sometimes. SMALL MINOR bottlenecks should be expected in ANY HIGH END SYSTEM! No matter what the parts.

Well I wouldn't say the 980X isn't good for future games, but it is a dead platform that is way to expensive. Plus as games move on they will optimize for newer arch. Which is why chips like the Q6600 (775 socket) although decent chips are out performed by newer arch chips such as the i5 750 or say the newer Thubans.