NEW GEFORCE3 IS OUT BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!

G

It's all over madonion.com now, GeForce3 MX will be out by August 27 and GeFOrce3 Pro, Ultra are coming few days later!!(current GeForce3 will be named GeForce3 GTS) GeForce2 MX will have 175Mhz core 200Mhz of DDR memory (Yes, DDR memory and it will be faster than almost all GeForce2 cards!!! well GeForce2 Ultra will be a nice competiton for GF3 MX in DirectX 7.0 games but in DirectX 8.0 games, this MX will cost over $200 I think, so don't be so happy!)

FatBurger

Illustrious
I heard August 24th, over <A HREF="http://www.m3dzone.com/" target="_new">here</A>.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Eww, the GeForce3 Ultra is hardly clocked faster than the original GeForce3. Hmm, I guess I'll be getting a Radeon 8500 which should be faster than even the GeForce3 Ultra with good drivers.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Think again, ATI promised to unify the Radeon drivers and get more people working on enhancing the drivers.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
So you never look to future plans when you buy your stuff? You must've bought a Willy P4 :(

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yup then Image The Radeon 8500 Maxx

15+ gigabytes of bandwith. also using AMD HyperTransport to rip nvidia a new A$$hole.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
No, I have an Athlon! Long live competition!! ATI reminds me of AMD. It's graphics cards have always been inferior but cheap like AMD in the past. Then came Radeon that promised to match a GeForce2 GTS. In 32-bit colour, it sometimes matches or even beats the GTS just as the K6-2 beat the Pentium II in some 3D-Now! optimized apps. For ATI, the upcoming Radeon 8500 promises to be the most powerful GPU ever as did AMD promise to offer the revolutionary Athlon. As I recall, the preproduction Athlon did not perform too well as is the performance of the Radeon 8500 Preview. I have a feeling Nvidia may start losing some market share.

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
silly people :)

Nvidia is obviously preparing to release their new buff project codenamed NVMAD (NV-Make-ATI-Die) after the release of the 8500.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well ATi has a project like NVMAD

its called ATIHABWM (ATI has a bandwith Monster) Called the Radeon 8500 maxx. Radeon 8500 with 2x Bandwith and using a chipset with AMD Hypertransport.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Supposedly. But what about having dual-channel DDR with 4.2GB/s theoretical bandwidth? Then Intel will have to move to another socket. Is that really that far off?