[SOLVED] New Gpu, Games And Benchmark Crash

May 19, 2020
I recently bought a 1080ti from a reseller who was selling it as used but the card looked brand new.
Since i have an older system, with my new one arriving soon, i gave the card to a friend to benchmark it for me, just to be sure everything is working properly.
He uninstalled the amd drivers via uninstall a program in windows 10 , and installed Nvdia ones.
After he starts a benchmark or a game it crashes shortly after he starts running / playing it.
Can this be Gpu related? Could the Gpu be faulty if the pc doesn't crash, just the programs do?
Is it most likely related to drivers?

Solution
It is hard to say for sure, but since you are mostly experiencing application crash and not completele reboot/ display sleeping (black screen) / BSOD, it could very well be driver related, which is why I believe it is a good idea to try DDU - that can sometimes help solve a lot of driver issues, and would be a helpful procedure in realtion to troubleshooting the problem and likely help rule out or narrow down certain driver related issues.
Doesn't matter how it looks, it can always be faulty, what PSU does your friend uses and does the reseller offers some warranty (3-6 monts)?
Try another benchmark with another program, and pay attention if windows reports if the video driver crashed!

It is often recommended to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all traces of previous GPU drivers when installing new graphics cards, especially when switching between AMD / Nvidia. Unpack and reboot into in Windows Safe Mode, and run DDU from there. Selcet AMD drivers and click "Clean and Restart". After rebooting, clean reinstall Nvidia drivers.

If your friends' PSU isn't sufficiently powerful, this can also cause system crashes during benchmarking, gaming and stresstesting (heavy load scenarios)

May 19, 2020
Doesn't matter how it looks, it can always be faulty, what PSU does your friend uses and does the reseller offers some warranty (3-6 monts)?
Try another benchmark with another program, and pay attention if windows reports if the video driver crashed!
He uses some sort of chieftec 80 + white, and i am aware the appearance of the card doesn't matter, i want to believe its something relating to the drivers

May 19, 2020
It is often recommended to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all traces of previous GPU drivers when installing new graphics cards, especially when switching between AMD / Nvidia. Unpack and reboot into in Windows Safe Mode, and run DDU from there. Selcet AMD drivers and click "Clean and Restart". After rebooting, clean reinstall Nvidia drivers.

If your friends' PSU isn't sufficiently powerful, this can also cause system crashes during benchmarking, gaming and stresstesting (heavy load scenarios)
The thing is the system doesn't crash, just the programs do. The benchmarks and the games load, they just crash after a minute or two, i want to believe its something relating to the software or the psu itself, having troubles imaging it could be a faulty GPU due to the lack of artifacting and the PC not crashing completely

... i want to believe its something relating to the drivers

... i want to believe its something relating to the software or the psu itself...

This :
...use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all traces of previous GPU drivers when installing new graphics cards, especially when switching between AMD / Nvidia. Unpack and reboot into in Windows Safe Mode, and run DDU from there. Selcet AMD drivers and click "Clean and Restart". After rebooting, clean reinstall Nvidia drivers.

Try that, and see if it changes anything

May 19, 2020
Try to use DDU to completely remove both AMD and Nvidia drivers, before installing the the new Nvidia driver again, so you have a completely clean foundation to troubleshoot from
Cool, shall do. Is there anything else that could be causing the issue other than the Psu and software? I dont see a world in which a faulty gpu would cause games but not the system to crash?

It is hard to say for sure, but since you are mostly experiencing application crash and not completele reboot/ display sleeping (black screen) / BSOD, it could very well be driver related, which is why I believe it is a good idea to try DDU - that can sometimes help solve a lot of driver issues, and would be a helpful procedure in realtion to troubleshooting the problem and likely help rule out or narrow down certain driver related issues.

Solution
May 19, 2020
Sounds good, I will keep you updated , thanks!