New gpu,low fps

Sprang

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hello everyone.

Recentlly I uprgared my gpu from ati radeon hd 4350 (512mb ddr3) to evga geforce 8400 1gb drr3 editio.As I excepted I should get more fps ingames such are csgo,euro truck simulator 2 etc...but I was wrong Im getting lower fps.My older gpu outperformes my new one!The Memory usage ingame is around 250mb as the msi afterburner says.Why isn't using the other 760 mb?!!

Can anyone help me?
My specs are:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHz
GPU:EVGA GeForce 8400 1GB
RAM: 2GB DDR2 400MHz Ram
System: Windows 7 32-bit
PSU: 300W

Solution
4350 more powerful on paper (shaders, fill, bandwidth). All I can say...no idea wrt to games, we are going back some years here. Either way its not really an upgrade

Also, games use as.much vram as they need.

bignastyid

Titan

Thats because the 8400GS is a downgrade from a 4350. There's more to a gpu than vram.

A couple of things to note, these are 64bit cards. So more memory won't help but faster memory will, ie get a GDDR5 card rather than DDR3 card if you have a choice. In the benchmark Passmark, the 4350 is about 50% faster than the 8400, for what that's worth.

Just my opinion, but you'd do better if you ask your questions BEFORE buying anything. Both these cards were low end when new, so I advise people looking to upgrade to always buy a class of videocard at least one notch higher than what you have. If you have the non gaming budget end of the AMD HD 4xxx line, moving to the non gaming budget end of the Nvidia GT 8xxx isn't going to help. If I remember right, the 8600GT was the lowest gaming card in the 8xxx line. So if you were going to get a 8xxx series card that's the minimum you should look at. That's because a gaming card will be faster than the general use card you have now.