Question New GPU PC not starting

ZENCER

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Hey I just got a GTX 1080 from my friend , I plugged it in and tried to startup my pc but my pc keep turning on and off , I have i7 8700 and 550W PSU is there a chance that this is not enough power to handle my setup ? Or you think there is another problem pls help I tried everything

550 Watts is cutting it close. 600 Watts would be better. But being so close, you should at least be able to POST to UEFI. The 600 Watts only is needed when you kick it into high gear for gaming and such.

Do you have the necessary PCIe cables hooked up properly? There may not be enough power to power the graphics card.

Plus, what make and model PSU? If it's old, or a generic enough, it might not even supply 450 Watts reliably.

Also try resetting the UEFI by pulling the CMOS jumper on the board.

ZENCER

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
550 Watts is cutting it close. 600 Watts would be better. But being so close, you should at least be able to POST to UEFI. The 600 Watts only is needed when you kick it into high gear for gaming and such.

Do you have the necessary PCIe cables hooked up properly? There may not be enough power to power the graphics card.

Plus, what make and model PSU? If it's old, or a generic enough, it might not even supply 450 Watts reliably.

Also try resetting the UEFI by pulling the CMOS jumper on the board.
Corsair
does the old gpu still work?
got the pcie power plug in?
make and model of the psu
Hey sorry for late answer , my PSU is Corsair VS550 white with 550W and sadly I don’t have the old GPU in order to check it but right now when I plug my monitor into the MOBO I actually can get a display so do you think it’s posible that my problem is that my GPU isn’t getting enough power ? I’m sure I plugged the pcie power plugged in correctly but still no image with the GPU

May 30, 2019
Corsair

Hey sorry for late answer , my PSU is Corsair VS550 white with 550W and sadly I don’t have the old GPU in order to check it but right now when I plug my monitor into the MOBO I actually can get a display so do you think it’s posible that my problem is that my GPU isn’t getting enough power ? I’m sure I plugged the pcie power plugged in correctly but still no image with the GPU
What is that GPU brand? Every GTX1080 have different power needed to run.