New gpu, won't boot past hp screen

Oct 16, 2018
Bought a gtx 1060 6gb but whenever it's plugged in the computer won't boot past the hp splash screen, I also only get about 1 second of keyboard input. Old graphics card is broken. Boots fine on integrated graphics.
After about 30 seconds I get 4 beeps (1 then 3 quick) which replays every 30 odd seconds.

Computer is a hp pavilion p6735a.
Has a 400w power supply.
Took it to my friends for help, we tested the card in his rig and it works fine. Tried a bigger psu in my rig and still won't boot.
Have re seated the ram multiple times.
It's a Windows 10 but used to be Windows 8.

I've looked online for answers but could only find a couple threads that were relevant, all were no help.

I don't know where to go from here. Please help, is it maybe hardware locked?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? With the larger wattage PSU, what was the make and model of it? Was it brand new? On another note, while on the larger PSU, did you get a black screen and the system booted up into GUI? If so then you lack UEFI BIOS support which is the case with all of the newer cards being dropped into older system's.

It could also be a hardware lock, since prebuilt makers tend to want the end user from not tampering with their system's. I've had no fruition running internal aftermarket WiFi cards on my Dell Probook laptop since the BIOS will not recognize them > wont even let me boot past BIOS.

Oct 16, 2018
I'm not sure what bios I'm on, or how to update it.

I just looked at the box and it's aactually a 600w psi, model no: CC-600W-12CM. It's a cheap brand one which is why we tested a better one at my friends but there was no difference.

I get no other screen other than the splash screen. I don't even have time to get to the bios screen unless I boot without a card in.