Question New GTX 1050ti performing worse than old GTX 950

pondexes

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hello,

I just installed my new GTX 1050ti OC Edition in place of my old GTX 950 and a new HDD and SSD alongside a clean install of windows. Everything was running great and, this being my first time using an SSD, I instantly noticed how snappy everything was. I installed some of the games that I play often on my SSD (which has about 100GB space left) and opened up Apex Legends. At first it seemed to be running better than before while I also had it on higher settings but I didn't actually play a game before exiting and going to eat. When I got back I opened the game again and noticed my frames had gone from ~80 in the lobby to a consistent 22. I went into training mode and the frames stayed pretty consistently at 22. I've gone into nVidia control panel and made sure the settings in there were set for optimal performance. It looks like my GPU usage is maxxing out while CPU is fine and temps are fine. I installed the game on my SSD but I don't think that could have anything to do with it... Unlike the 950, the 1050ti doesn't have a 6 pin connection for power from the PSU and instead draws power from the MB, could that be the issue?

Anyways here are my specs:

MB: Gigabyte h170n-wifi
CPU: Intel i5 7600k
GPU: GTX 1050ti OC edition 4GB (GTX 950 2GB)
RAM: 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!