New Hard-drive needed?

ryancancraft

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
So, this is tough to explain for me, but im going to try the best I can.

I was having a couple of errors on my PC, one which said something about reconnecting memory? I forgot, and another about Unammountable boot volume (Or something like that_. Anyway, I was advised to use a windows 10 recovery, so I did, and with that I got a bunch more errors, and i followed a tutorial that said that I should clean a partition (I have no idea what any of this means) and the problem would fix but would delete my data, which im fine with, but now its saying it cant find device drivers, which means i cant get on windows 10 recovery (or anywhere further) and honestly im really bad with tech so i have no idea what to do.
Really stressed out right now any help welcome <3

Definitely.

See if you can find your Windows install disk or USB.

If it's a CD/DVD...you may be able to just put it in the DVD drive and boot from it and install Windows.

If it doesn't boot from it....you may have to go into the BIOS to tell it to boot from it.

What Windows Install media do you have (if you have any)?

Well....it sounds like you need a copy of Windows...somehow.

I think you need to do a clean install of WIndows.....and what that means is basically booting Windows install media to install it.

The media is usually a DVD/CD or a USB stick.

Depending on what you have....you may have to tell the BIOS to boot from it.

For example....if your BIOS is set to boot from your hard drive.....and you have a USB Windows Install Stick.....you need to tell the BIOS to boot from the USB.

After you install Windows....you need to change it back to boot from the hard drive again.

About that 'partition thing', a hard drive starts blank. I mean totally blank. At some point you have to create a partition on it. That's so you can actually use it for anything. You don't have to create one partition, you can create multiple partitions if you like. For instance, you can create a small one for Windows, then a second one for everything else. The benefit here is if something goes wrong with Windows and you need to reinstall it, this only affects the Windows partition.

If you have one partition and something goes wrong, you could lose everything in that partition. It's always best to create each and any partition BEFORE you install Windows. I don't recommend you mess with partition modification or creation once you've installed Windows.

ryancancraft

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
I don't know if this is important but it's saying "an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain and operating system." is the Windows reinstall definitely what I need?