New iPad Gets Unboxed & Benchmarked; 1GB RAM Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
This is not surprising that the score is similar since Apple said it is still a dual-core CPU. What matter though is how well the GPU performs. Benchmark please.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I too would like to see the benchmark, then the comparison between Tegra 3 and the A5x would settle the dispute that Apple has created with their informationless benchmark charts.

pecul1ar

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]shardey[/nom]I too would like to see the benchmark, then the comparison between Tegra 3 and the A5x would settle the dispute that Apple has created with their informationless benchmark charts.[/citation]

Its an Apple! What charts are you talking about, that's for PC users. /sarcasm off

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
@shardey That's not a phone; he's talking about the ASUS Transformer Prime.

The funny thing is that great resolution needs great graphical capabilities to drive it.

Apple doesn't seem to have those at first glance; and I'm eager to see how Apple's solution handles that screen with apps and games that can take advantage of all those pixels.
For that matter, though, we don't know how Tegra 3 would handle a QXGA screen in similar circumstances; and for some reason I'd guess that both solutions will fall short at full load at 2048 x 1536. AMD might have something to say about that, though.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Ha I definitely skimmed over it fast. Well it's a quad core right? So if we were to do it theoretically solve for the core, it would score 355.25 per core. A dual core A5 would be 378 per core (Based on the given scores and if this would be accurate).

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]mo_thug_85[/nom]with my geekbench i get 1421 on my prime[/citation]

If you got a TF201 without dead or stuck pixels consider yourself lucky. I went through 5 TF201s trying to get one without those defects and it just didn't work out for me. ...otherwise pretty decent tablet.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
wrong quote. i meant

[citation][nom]pecul1ar[/nom]Its an Apple! What charts are you talking about, that's for PC users. /sarcasm off[/citation]

halcyon

Splendid

It can be far more than that. I use my iPad at work to take notes (using the excellent PenUltimate app) to read books, to listen to music, to entertain and help educate my 2-year-old, to have any important documents with me, to play an occasional game, as well as consume the Internet. The iPad, itself, dissapears as I do these things, never getting in the way, never requiring undue attention itself (unlike the Transformer Primes I tried to live with). IMO it is indeed a revolutionary product that brought an entire market (tablets) into the light. Is it perfect? Of course not.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]It can be far more than that.[/citation]
Indeed:

It can force you to sign contract you don't need.
It can make you pay 100$ per 8Gb of flash memory.
It can force you install iTunes all over the place.
It can force you buy WiFi HDD, because, you know, you don't really need access to the file system.
Last but not least, it's magical (hyphno-steve himself said so) and dissapears not only itself, but also with some money from your pocket.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Indeed:It can force you to sign contract you don't need.It can make you pay 100$ per 8Gb of flash memory.It can force you install iTunes all over the place.It can force you buy WiFi HDD, because, you know, you don't really need access to the file system.Last but not least, it's magical (hyphno-steve himself said so) and dissapears not only itself, but also with some money from your pocket.[/citation]

One man's liver with onions is another's filet mignon. I like iTunes...been using it for ~10 years on both Windows and OS X and it's always treated my ~180gb of music with respect...synching flawlessly to countless iPods and, now, iPads...playlists and all (unlike Double Twist).

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Indeed:It can force you to sign contract you don't need.It can make you pay 100$ per 8Gb of flash memory.It can force you install iTunes all over the place.It can force you buy WiFi HDD, because, you know, you don't really need access to the file system.Last but not least, it's magical (hyphno-steve himself said so) and dissapears not only itself, but also with some money from your pocket.[/citation]
It (the iPad) doesn't force you to buy it. Here is what you do... don't buy it. Stop being a baby because others buy it. Want to complain? How about $50,000 gold-plated toilets? $2million dollar cars. $20,000 jewel-ized phones.

I have an iPad... other than the cost of the product, I haven't put a dime into it.

When I wanna relax... or have an injury which means not using my nice 24" screen on Windows7... I can lay on a couch or bed with an iPad and relax. Sometimes I'm using the iPad to browse the net, a few feet from my desktop.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Translation:
Yo American dweebs, I got my iPad before you! Fell off the container on the way to your country.
You envy me, bow before me... all your bases belong to me.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Other tablets also can do it.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]It (the iPad) doesn't force you to buy it. Here is what you do... don't buy it. Stop being a baby because others buy it. Want to complain? How about $50,000 gold-plated toilets? $2million dollar cars. $20,000 jewel-ized phones.I have an iPad... other than the cost of the product, I haven't put a dime into it.When I wanna relax... or have an injury which means not using my nice 24" screen on Windows7... I can lay on a couch or bed with an iPad and relax. Sometimes I'm using the iPad to browse the net, a few feet from my desktop.[/citation]

or have an injury? with a name like belardo, i picture u to be a mega fatass who thinks a few feet is too far to get up to go to the desktop to order pizza

halcyon

Splendid

Yes other tablets also can do it...but if the Asus Tranformer Prime is any indication they can't do it with as much transparency and finesse...IME.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]shardey[/nom]Ha I definitely skimmed over it fast. Well it's a quad core right? So if we were to do it theoretically solve for the core, it would score 355.25 per core. A dual core A5 would be 378 per core (Based on the given scores and if this would be accurate).[/citation]
It's a dual core with "quad core graphics".
Geekbench only checks the CPU part.

Status
Not open for further replies.