[SOLVED] New Keyboard choices.

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Hope you're all doing well during these very difficult times and staying safe with your families.

So I've had my Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire for about 3 years now and I absolutely love the keyboard, I love all the features it has, I don't feel I can make a fair assesment on the switches because I've only ever used MX Speed, This was my first ever mechanical keyboard. But the keyboard is obviously showing it's age, the paint on keycaps is starting to wear off, keys are getting jammed/stuck and so on.

I mostly play Escape From Tarkov nowadays and in general competitive shooters. I know a keyboard isn't the most essential part to a person success in the competitive world, but you do need a solid keyboard that you know you can rely on to not messing up in the high intensity situations. I'm basically asking all the avid gamers on the forums to send me a couple Keyboard suggestions. My budget would be around €100 - €150. I'm open to trying a new switch, Doesn't have to be MX Speed. Another question on top of this is, should I just get the Corsair K70 MK.2? Is it worth just sticking to what I know or should I adventure out into the new trend of TKL keyboards.

Appreciate the help guys and I hope you all stay safe :)

Last edited:
Solution
Hey man, it's been a long time since I've replied to your thread lol, I still haven't bought a new keyboard at all, I want one with Kailh Silver switches cause I've heard some pretty good things about them, supposedly they're better/very similar to Cherry speeds, which is what I'm currently rocking. I looked at Ducky keyboards and for some reason they're either completely unavailable in the model i want or ridiculously overpriced.

Yes there are a lot of keyboards that are hard to find, especially now.

This is the keyboard I had with the Silver Speed switches, https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Alloy-FPS-Software-Controlled-Customization/dp/B07G2PY7KH but it's full size.

This one looks available although not back-lit...
Well if you really like the MS Speeds there is no issues with buying the same thing in a different keyboard.

If you want to try things out that are similar, I really like the Kailh Speed Silvers, and a keyboard I got a week ago has Geteron Optical Red switches, also like the Logitech Romer G switches. This is just going by what I owned and tried for a while. I had/have MX Red, MX Silent, MX Brown, Outemu Brown also tried the high end Torpe switches, Razer Green and some cheap chinese green switch. The first ones I listed are my favorite out of all those.

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Well if you really like the MS Speeds there is no issues with buying the same thing in a different keyboard.

If you want to try things out that are similar, I really like the Kailh Speed Silvers, and a keyboard I got a week ago has Geteron Optical Red switches, also like the Logitech Romer G switches. This is just going by what I owned and tried for a while. I had/have MX Red, MX Silent, MX Brown, Outemu Brown also tried the high end Torpe switches, Razer Green and some cheap chinese green switch. The first ones I listed are my favorite out of all those.
Do you know much about Ducky keyboards? I know they're 60% keyboards but a couple buddies of mine got them and will never shut up about them!

Do you know much about Ducky keyboards? I know they're 60% keyboards but a couple buddies of mine got them and will never shut up about them!

They are good quality, never tried them but I have a few of the higher end keyboards like Leopold and if the build is the same on the Ducky it will be a good thing to try. I also own and owned several cheaper brands I thought were just fine to use. I'm typing this on a $70 keyboard that I really like the feel of, it uses Gateron Red Optical switches, have to say for me that is a very very nice feeling switch and keyboard. Like the book said, it's different but equal to any other switch I have tried. The bad thing about the cheaper keyboards is that their software and firmware is not as polished, but if you stick with one color setup or no light at all that is not an issue. The Anne Pro is one that people have been buying lately, I have been looking at Keychro models lately and their design is pretty interesting https://www.amazon.com/Keychron-Wireless-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B07WS7LDLW?ref_=ast_sto_dp The 100 key one with Red Optical switches is probably going to be the next keyboard I get, maybe as a gift for my dad for fathers day.

Last edited:

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
They are good quality, never tried them but I have a few of the higher end keyboards like Leopold and if the build is the same on the Ducky it will be a good thing to try. I also own and owned several cheaper brands I thought were just fine to use. I'm typing this on a $70 keyboard that I really like the feel of, it uses Gateron Red Optical switches, have to say for me that is a very very nice feeling switch and keyboard. Like the book said, it's different but equal to any other switch I have tried. The bad thing about the cheaper keyboards is that their software and firmware is not as polished, but if you stick with one color setup or no light at all that is not an issue. The Anne Pro is one that people have been buying lately, I have been looking at Keychro models lately and their design is pretty interesting https://www.amazon.com/Keychron-Wireless-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B07WS7LDLW?ref_=ast_sto_dp The 100 key one with Red Optical switches is probably going to be the next keyboard I get, maybe as a gift for my dad for fathers day.
Hey man, it's been a long time since I've replied to your thread lol, I still haven't bought a new keyboard at all, I want one with Kailh Silver switches cause I've heard some pretty good things about them, supposedly they're better/very similar to Cherry speeds, which is what I'm currently rocking. I looked at Ducky keyboards and for some reason they're either completely unavailable in the model i want or ridiculously overpriced.

Yes there are a lot of keyboards that are hard to find, especially now.

This is the keyboard I had with the Silver Speed switches, https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Alloy-FPS-Software-Controlled-Customization/dp/B07G2PY7KH but it's full size.

This one looks available although not back-lit https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3582

There is also this but not sure how available it is to purchase. Lots of switch options https://www.tecware.co/phantomelite

Keep in mind that the Kailh hotswap switches are not the same as the MX style ones.

Solution