New MechWarrior, Command & Conquer Titles

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"As a random side note, whatever happened to the game Rage Incoming? Also one of my favorite PC games. I still have the disc, though the disc is damaged beyond use ever again"
-Wow... I remember a demo for that game. Ancient history. Looked pretty interesting though!

A mechwarrior movie might be okay. It would have to have a decent storyline and actually follow the games logic. Sort of like the cutscenes included in past mw game titles.

Mw is easy enough with a joystick equipped: or at least it was with mech3. Arrow keys(movement) and Joystick(fire/rotate.) Mechwarrior 4 felt like the more complex game with clunky movement/jumping/etc

G

why does kurita always have to be the bad guy? the combine always got a bad rap..

keep your marauders and whammys.. where is my thunderbolt! 13 tons of armor, i win :D

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Mechwarrior 4 I actually really liked (I admit never tried MW3). You edited a certain snow map right and you basically had knock down drag out spawn on top of each other destruction fest! Kinda like Mech Assault destruction on XBOX Live. That game is also great for how simple and how fun it is. It was one of the games that made XBOX Live! Mech Assault 2 was - eh? NOT being able to choose you're own mech before you started really kinda blew. It should have been a game option to play like that. but micro-crap "shuttering" FASA/Mech(warrior or assault) was just plain stupid on micro-crap's part. guess they have too many ways to make money and lose quality gems in the fold. it's kinda like how they "shuttered" Ensemble Studios.

hey - anyone who made Mech Assault 2 who just might read this - all you had to do to make a killer XBOX 360 game was - keep the first game (don't change the core of the game since it was great - morons), add more mechs, tweak the graphics, add more weapons and/or add some type of customization to which weapons you could use on which mechs, and allow MORE people to play on XBOX Live games for bigger team matches or even FFA matches. it was THAT simple - duh!

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Mechwarrior is back! Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries was the first game I ever bought with my own money. I can't wait!

My only problem with the Mechwarrior reboot is the preview video we have seen. Not nearly epic enough. Where were the blaring trumpets? The badass "all hope was lost until now" scene? I want EPIC for this game! Not "oh hey, we rebooted Mechwarrior."

And... C&C is back. Oh hey, they are doing C&C again.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Rockstone1[/nom]MechAssault was unrealistic and an insult to my intelligence.[/citation]
Mech Assault was not Mech Warrior of course but yes it was a lot of fun (the first one). Just because you were terrible at it and couldn't play on the big dawgs level doesn't mean it was bad or that it was your intelligence. give youself more credit.

st-cyclone921r

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
MW!!!! YES YES YES YES!!! never been so excited for long time! i just hope they bring the original "feeling" with some of GoW's "badass", that would be a killer mix!

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
News Update!!
August 2009 GenCon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grendel3100/3834791725/in/set-72157622079694516/
August 2009 GenCon - Next generation BattleTech Developers (see poster at booth)
Also: there were 12 BattleTech Networked Virtual Reality Cockpit Simulators at GenCon
with the next generation software release.
For more of the story visit VirtualWorld.Com - community forum
Oh, yeah... it is complicated... a next generation like when the game first came out - Both Xbox and the PC (VR Simulators... watch the discussion...)

Status
Not open for further replies.