Question New memory does not work properly on 3200mhz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2024
I left it on 3133 when i started the test on a single stick 2nd pass and no error so far. When i finishes should i set it back to base speed and test this stick again?

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/B550MPRO-VDHWIFI_B550MPRO-VDHWIFI6.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide/Manual.

As I understand the documentation there are four RAM slots and the first physically installed RAM should be placed in DIMMA2

From Page 28:

∙ Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first. DIMMA1 DIMMA2 DIMMB1 DIMMB2 ∙ Due to chipset resource usage, the available capacity of memory will be a little less than the amount of installed. ∙ Based on CPU specification, the Memory DIMM voltage below 1.35V is suggested to protect the CPU. ∙ To ensure system stability for Dual channel mode, memory modules must be of the same type, number and density. ∙ Some memory modules may operate at a lower frequency than the marked value when overclocking due to the memory frequency operates dependent on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD). Go to BIOS and find the DRAM Frequency to set the memory frequency if you want to operate the memory at the marked or at a higher frequency. ∙ It is recommended to use a more efficient memory cooling system for full DIMMs installation or overclocking. ∙ The stability and compatibility of installed memory module depend on installed CPU and devices when overclocking. ∙ Please refer www.msi.com for more information on compatible memory.

Sep 12, 2024
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/B550MPRO-VDHWIFI_B550MPRO-VDHWIFI6.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide/Manual.

As I understand the documentation there are four RAM slots and the first physically installed RAM should be placed in DIMMA2

From Page 28:

∙ Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first. DIMMA1 DIMMA2 DIMMB1 DIMMB2 ∙ Due to chipset resource usage, the available capacity of memory will be a little less than the amount of installed. ∙ Based on CPU specification, the Memory DIMM voltage below 1.35V is suggested to protect the CPU. ∙ To ensure system stability for Dual channel mode, memory modules must be of the same type, number and density. ∙ Some memory modules may operate at a lower frequency than the marked value when overclocking due to the memory frequency operates dependent on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD). Go to BIOS and find the DRAM Frequency to set the memory frequency if you want to operate the memory at the marked or at a higher frequency. ∙ It is recommended to use a more efficient memory cooling system for full DIMMs installation or overclocking. ∙ The stability and compatibility of installed memory module depend on installed CPU and devices when overclocking. ∙ Please refer www.msi.com for more information on compatible memory.
This one : https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B550M-PRO