[SOLVED] New Memory - No Signal

Apr 14, 2020
I recently bought some new RAM to install into my desktop that I've had for about 2-3 years now. The RAM I ordered is the exact same I've had in the PC since I first built it: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz. Initially, when I built the PC, the computer only received a signal when I put it in two adjacent slots (I tried the alternating slots and going by the color on the mobo at first, but it never worked.) I I put the RAM in slots 4 and 2 back then, and never changed them, as the computer worked perfectly since. Yesterday, I tried to install the new RAM into the two remaining slots, but I didn't get a signal. The PC turns on, the fans start spinning and whatnot, but my monitor never receives a signal. I messed around and changed up where each stick went, but nothing worked. All RAM slots are functional, and none of the sticks are defective. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Adding extra memory to existing memory has no guarantee to be compatible together. Since you can make any combinations you want, you can do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.