Mar 22, 2021
I just got a new monitor, and after pressing the bezils slightly. They push in. Is that okay? For a bezel to push in a little bit?

The right side of the screen bezils, push in a little more then the left side of the bezils(on the other side of the screen)

(I have a Asus vg259qm)

-thank you

Solution
It doesn't affect the monitor at all when I push it.
it may not at the moment or may not show at the moment, but you do not want to continue doing it.

what is it that bothers you about it?
is there light bleeding from behind those sections?
or are you just curious?

if you notice no problem with it, than just leave it and don't risk damaging it by continuing to play with it.

if it really bothers you, return it to the retailer you purchased it from while any return policy may still be active
or request a replacement from the manufacturer.

if it's a defect of some kind, the next one wouldn't have it.
if it's normal for this model and the next one also suffers from it, than you'll find out it wasn't an actual defect after all and...
It doesn't affect the monitor at all when I push it.
it may not at the moment or may not show at the moment, but you do not want to continue doing it.

or are you just curious?

if you notice no problem with it, than just leave it and don't risk damaging it by continuing to play with it.

if it really bothers you, return it to the retailer you purchased it from while any return policy may still be active

if it's normal for this model and the next one also suffers from it, than you'll find out it wasn't an actual defect after all and hopefully leads to no screen problems with those models down the line.

Solution
Mar 22, 2021

or are you just curious?

if it's normal for this model and the next one also suffers from it, than you'll find out it wasn't an actual defect after all and hopefully leads to no screen problems with those models down the line.

It kinda bothers me that there are areas where there is a minimal push and in others a bigger push. I was just wondering if this is fine. However, should I exchange it for a new one?