Question New Motherboard, no display [already RMA'd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
The motherboard is MSI H510M PRO-E with new processor i3-10105F with GTX 1060 6GB Mini. Problem is that the display gets no signal. There is no EZ-DEBUG LED lit which may indicate the problem in any of the components. Debug LEDs go through cycle one by one, but then all goes off and all fans starts, indicating the system is booting, but no display. I'm positive the graphics card is working fine with my previous motherboard.
I already have RMA'd the motherboard and problem still is same.
If there is any problem with the RAM (DDR4-2400Mhz) (working fine with previous motherboard ), or the new processor, shouldn't the debug LED lit up?

What could be the problem?

Edit 1 - observation is that even if I plug in HDMI in motherboard slot, DEBUG LEDs stil shows no errors despite the processor is F (no integrated graphics)

Last edited:

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
PSU is ant eSports 500L, works perfectly fine with current build, no problems what so ever with that. It's around 1.6 yrs old. I've ensured the power cable is properly attached to the GPU.

I've also reinstall GPU & CPU just in case. AlSo checked for bent pins on motherboard CPU socket, none observed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have access to another GPU that you could swap in for troubleshooting purposes?

This seems like either a defective CPU or GPU at this point.

That is not a very good PSU, of questionable quality.

By the way, are both the 8-pin and 24-pin power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard firmly attached?

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
Do you have access to another GPU that you could swap in for troubleshooting purposes?

This seems like either a defective CPU or GPU at this point.

That is not a very good PSU, of questionable quality.

By the way, are both the 8-pin and 24-pin power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard firmly attached?
Yes, all the connections are firmly in place. I'm aware that the brand of the PSU isn't well established but I've been using their Headphones & SSDs, none of these had any problems since 2-3 years including PSU.
GPU couldn't be faulty as it working perfectly normal with my current system even with 100% load.
CPU then perhaps could be faulty but I'm still very sceptical of that since debug LEDs aren't indicating anything.

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
No worries, was hoping the CPU would be compatible in the new motherboard. Nope.

What is the make/model of your memory?

Still looking like the CPU may be the issue.
1 is crucial ddr4 2400 ,2nd is samsung 2400 ddr4 2400. i also tried booting with single stick but no luck. everything is pointing towards the cpu so well looks like gonna have to RMA that too

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
i have replaced processor too but problem is still the same. is there any problem with compatibility? since this processor doesnt have igpu? but im using it with gtx 1060 which is working fine in current system

any solutions on this?

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
So, both CPU and motherboard have been replaced. Correct?

If so, we may be back to the PSU. Do you have access to one to swap for testing purposes?
i can try arranging for one but that is totally 0 possibility cause my current one has 0 problem what so ever and if it were the psu, that new system shouldnt be getting any power.

when i turn on that system,
all the fans spin
debug leds go from all the lights
system then starts but the problem is no display. i tried using without the gpu, then VGA light turn on indicating, motherboard is getting supply.

not sure what the hell is the problem

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
after all the hours wasted, after all the posts smeared all over the internet, yesterday i happen to check the serial number on the motherboard box and the motherboard, which are matching. remember, ive already RMAd the MOBO so it shouldnt match,
which means it was never replaced
which means service center halfwits gave me same board back
which means you can close this thread as resolved.

thanks mod

COLGeek

Cybernaut
after all the hours wasted, after all the posts smeared all over the internet, yesterday i happen to check the serial number on the motherboard box and the motherboard, which are matching. remember, ive already RMAd the MOBO so it shouldnt match,
which means it was never replaced
which means service center halfwits gave me same board back
which means you can close this thread as resolved.

thanks mod
That is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.