[SOLVED] New mouse recommendations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
That trackball mouse won't have as nice a sensor, and the buttons may not be rated for all that many clicks, but it is probably what you are after.

For work I picked up a logitech g305, lightweight wireless gaming mouse essentially. I've found the quality of the old MX class mice to be going downhill as the price of the gaming mice keep coming down. Not too flashy either.

One of my former colleagues swore by the big trackball. https://www.amazon.com/Marble-Connectivity-Ambidextrous-Buttons-LOG9043600403/dp/B00005T406

Remmik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Both is actually what I do. First off, trackballs are the way to go. I go with Logitech mostly but have a Kingston and an Elecom. After 20 years in the market, trackballs are still not mainstream but only because people will not generally attempt to adapt to them. Use it for a few weeks. Once you get past the learning curve and develop muscle memory (like with most new hand coordination task) you will never go back.

Since they have never quite caught on, they don’t get the cool features that mice get, like super duper DPI speeds or all the buttons. I utilize a gaming mouse for that and sometime use one in either hand. When I’m this mode, I’m using it just for the additional programmable buttons and place tape over the underside mouse sensor so there is no movement from this mouse.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That trackball mouse won't have as nice a sensor, and the buttons may not be rated for all that many clicks, but it is probably what you are after.

For work I picked up a logitech g305, lightweight wireless gaming mouse essentially. I've found the quality of the old MX class mice to be going downhill as the price of the gaming mice keep coming down. Not too flashy either.

One of my former colleagues swore by the big trackball. https://www.amazon.com/Marble-Connectivity-Ambidextrous-Buttons-LOG9043600403/dp/B00005T406

Solution
Feb 21, 2022
I think you should take the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. For those long workdays, comfort is a priority, as is available by the Logitech MX Masster 3 as the best mouse for office use. This mouse has an ergonomic shape with a high back and thumb rest that includes a button for gesture controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.