[SOLVED] New MSI 3060ti GPU giving No Display Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2020
I installed a new MSI RTX3060ti Trio Gaming GPU yesterday into my ASRock x370 Killer SLI/ac, replacing a GTX 1070 card.

My PSU is a Corsair CX650M, and I connected the (2) 8 pin power connections with one daisy chained 6+2 cable.

It's connected to my monitor with a display port cable.

It powered on, I installed the newest driver, and then used the computer for about two hours. It worked for gaming without shutting off or overheating or anything. I left and came back to find the display was receiving no signal.

I tried to restart it (unplug, power off PSU, etc) and still no signal. The LEDs were working, but the fans didn't start up like they typically do when the pc powers on.

I replaced the 3060ti with my old 1070 (in the same PCIe slot), and the signal issue went away.

My CPU is an AMD ryzen 7 with no onboard graphics, so I can't diagnose the card while it's plugged in, to get any display at all I have to use my 1070.

Since then I have:

- updated the BIOS on my motherboard to the most recent available

- Run the computer with both graphics cards plugged in, but my pc only recognizes the 1070.

- Done a clean install of the nvidia driver (but with the 1070 plugged in so I'm not sure if that would do anything)

- Installed AMD vga all in one (because the most recent BIOS requires it according to the ASRock website)

- Manually changed the PCIe from Auto to Gen 3 in the BIOS

- Tried connecting through HDMI

I'm still getting no signal from the 3060, and before I return the card for a new one is there anything else I can try?

Solution
Please try the following steps:

-Reset CMOS by removing the battery for 15 minutes or so
-Insert 1070
-Download DDU
-Boot into safe mode
-Use DDU to clean uninstall the GPU drivers by selecting "Clean and Shutdown"
-Insert the 3060Ti and see if it works now

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Please try the following steps: