New Nintendo 3DS XL Launches In U.S., Sells Without Charger

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad, I loved my old nes and snes.. the games looked like crud compared to modern graphics but they were fun and had substance. Not sure how they managed to lose their way, but I have to agree. They seem to be out in left field half the time.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Potentially. If their current charger works on completely different voltages/amperages, then that would require a reworking of the charging circuitry, redesign of the battery, and after doing that, would render the millions of old chargers out there obsolete and possibly filling up landfills. Though, filling landfills is exactly why all other industries made a push to a uniform MicroUSB solution. Nintendo should still should do this, but the longer they wait, the harder it is to rationalize. And they've already waited really very long.

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Except, you know, the 3DS. How many other companies have successfully released a glasses-free 3D device? Nintendo currently have the best selling current-gen console in the 3DS (45 million sold and increasing fast) and are selling the new 3DS model faster than they can ship them. How exactly is this like Blackberry?

Status
Not open for further replies.