[SOLVED] New OS drive needed....how do I access my other game drives after?

olblindman

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
My OS drive is messed up....windows files, driver files are all screwed up, and seems no way to fix without reformatting......so I want to install an new SSD. My games, photos, documents are on other multiple drives, so my question is can I move my STEAM, EPIC, UBiSOFT, OCULUS folders from my old OS to the new, in order to access my saved games/files? I can still get my old drive to run, and can temporarily hook it up to transfer files, but will it work, and are there hidden files which I may miss? I don't see Oculus, or Epic listed on my C: drive. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
For Steam games:

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties
Local Files
Move Install Folder

------------------------------------------
The other launchers have a similar function, but I don't have the specifics documented.
My OS drive is messed up....windows files, driver files are all screwed up, and seems no way to fix without reformatting......so I want to install an new SSD. My games, photos, documents are on other multiple drives, so my question is can I move my STEAM, EPIC, UBiSOFT, OCULUS folders from my old OS to the new, in order to access my saved games/files? I can still get my old drive to run, and can temporarily hook it up to transfer files, but will it work, and are there hidden files which I may miss? I don't see Oculus, or Epic listed on my C: drive. Any help would be appreciated!
Steam does have utility to move their games to a new location, don't know about others. Of other installed programs/games, only portable versions are going to work, installed.... oh well, that's up to particular program/game but most will have to be reinstalled.

USAFRet

Titan
For Steam games:

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties
Local Files
Move Install Folder

------------------------------------------
The other launchers have a similar function, but I don't have the specifics documented.

Solution