New Patch Locks Skyrim to Steam Forever and Ever

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]I am a consolegamer that wants to buy a gaming PC but even I can tell that devs are giving the middle finger to the PC community man. I love my ps3 and my Metal Gear Solid games but shit like this makes me think that those rumors that PC gaming is dying are not that far-fetched. Is not that PC gaming is dying more like someone is trying to kill it. I'm looking at you lazy devs.[/citation]
Personally, I would not be surprised if someone is trying to kill PC gaming. Consoles mean dedicated hardware / games that are, in theory, easier to "control" against piracy and all other paranoid fears that content providers have these days.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I love Steam for TF2, except they update it all the time instead of just making it work well on Windows 7 - although I must say its nice to get Holiday catered weapons and hats. Still, for a single player RPG it would be nice if it wasn't tied to the internet. I mean, its nice to have an easy way to grab updates and add-on content (why not just sell it with things like horse armor [lame], and then make glorious expansions for sale...

For people who live where there is no good internet service, Steam is a real pain. Luckily, I moved back to the city where I can be price gouged by crappy ISP monopolies - although I prefer the country overall.

VideoGamer666

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WANT TO GO OFFLINE AND DON'T WANT TO APPLY THE PATCH; READ THIS!
Sorry for the bold title but if you want to the that, you have to right click on Skyrim in the Libary tab on Steam and go to Properties, then click on the Updates tab and select "Do not automatically update this game." Sometimes Steam screws up and lets you play the game even if there is a new update out. That or pirating time.

G

I agree this was a shitty move, but this doesnt prevent mods. If you guys pay attention to anything, Skyrim is now mod activated with the Steam Workshop, which allows you to install mods DIRECTLY from steam

DeViLzzz2007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Markarth thank goodness that this is the case in Steam now but what happens when we want to play Steam games if the company suddenly went under ? My brother told me long ago that they said they would offer a way for us to download them and use them but when companies crash and are no longer making money are they really interested in helping consumers ? I honestly think we would be sol with our bought games.

Status
Not open for further replies.