Question New PC arrived today but doesnt work

Oct 3, 2020
Hi all.. my new pc arrived today, rtx 3080 ryzen 7 3700x 16gb ram but it doesnt work..

the PC itself turns on, all fans boot up, leds turn on etc, but no display shows up on monitor (monitor works fine with everything else), and mouse, keyboard etc all don't power on either when plugged into the system.

i called up the place i bought it from and the man i spoke to said he thinks the RAM may have come loose during delivery and to try take it out and place it back in, did that and still no working. Tried all the different ram slots aswell.

what could be the issue here? should i just call them back up and arrange to return it?

so disappointing been looking forward to it for a week and spent a fortune on it only for it to arrive broken.

thanks

Oct 3, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

LED Lighting
1 x No LED Lighting
Additional Fans
3 x GameMax Velocity 12cm 24 LED Rainbow ARGB fan
Processor
1 x AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Octo-Core CPU
Cooling
1 x Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L V2 RGB AIO CPU Cooler
Graphics Card
1 x MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 VENTUS 3X 10GB OC Graphics Card
Memory/RAM
1 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 Memory (2 x 8GB)
M.2 Super-fast SSD
1 x 1TB Seagate BarraCuda 510 M.2 SSD
Solid State Drives
1 x No Solid State Drive
Hard Drives
1 x 1TB Seagate BarraCuda Hard Drive
Motherboard
1 x MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
Power Supply
1 x Corsair RM750 80+ Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Oct 3, 2020
How is the monitor connected? To graphics card or to video outputs on motherboard?
Any adapters/signal converters between pc and monitor?

connected to the graphics card, via HDMI cable. the cable works with everything else i tried it on except the PC, i also did try connecting it to the mobo to see if it would work but still no luck.

no adapters

Oct 3, 2020
cyberpower or ibuypower?
recheck all cable, resit all components

done this, checked all cables on outside and inside the pc made sure everything was plugged in correctly and reset it all but still nothing, not even the keyboard + mouse and stuff are turning on even when they're plugged straight in to the PC, only the pc and the fans + leds are turning on, doesn't seem like anything thats plugged in is getting power.

will it be faulty motherboard maybe? or faulty ram?

Oct 3, 2020
May be try with Display Port cable (if your monitor supports DP connection type).

i don't have a DP cable, but not sure if that would make a difference as no peripherals or anything are turning on either, mouse keyboard etc, it just seems everything thats plugged in just doesn't receive any power or connect properly

Oct 3, 2020
Might be - graphics card has become loose during transportation.
It's recommended to remove heavy components like graphics cards and cpu coolers during transport.

there was a hell of a lot of cushioning, pc came inside polyester molds and the outside was covered in bubble rap. but even if the gfx card was faulty, it wouldn't effect mouse + keyboard turning on and receiving power would it?

i guess i'll just have to return it and wait another 10 days or however long for it to arrive back again :(.. so disappointing man.

thanks alot for your help though guys.

Oct 3, 2020
If graphics card has become loose, it may cause short and prevent system from powering on.

ah ok.. the system still powers on though and the fans etc, i did check it and it doesn't seem loose and there's a shelf below it too for added stability, can't remember the name of it but it comes with the MSI 3080