[SOLVED] New PC Build and having low FPS across all games. Please help.

Cilliand

Prominent
Sep 13, 2019
Hi,

I have just bought a new PC and have set it up but the fps i seem to be getting are incredibly similar to my previous build which consisted of an i5 cpu and 1050ti gpu I have tried everything to try and improve my framerate but cannot seem to stop my new gpu from underperforming. Please find below my current pc build.

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9820X Processor - 10-Core HT 3.30GHz, 4.10 GHz
Turbo - 16.50MB Intel Smart Cache (Quad Channel),
HDD: 4TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 5400RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
M2SSD: 500GB (1x500GB) Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -
3500MB/s Read & 3300MB/s Write [+9] (Single Drive)
M2SSD2: None Selected
MEMORY: 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Quad Channel Memory (HyperX Fury
w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X299 Raider: ATX, w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W 80+ Gold Modular Gaming Power
VIDEO: GeForce(R) RTX 2080 Ti 11GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R),
VR Ready, HDMI, DP, 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)

I dont think my PC is bottlenecking. I am only getting an average of 80fps on pubg and 300 fps on csgo. A friend of mine is getting up to 50 fps more than me with a weaker RAM and 2070 GPU.

Would anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Also I am running Dual monitor setup with one monitor being 144hz and the other being 60hz. I am running all games on the 144hz monitor.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Solution
Ok Guys I have made a small bit of a breakthrough but I cannot seem to understand why it is this way.

When I play Fullscreen and bring up menus etc when mouse pointer is visible it flickers constantly. When playing fullscreen my fps are incredibly low. .

If I play full screen windowed this issue disappears. .

Would anyone know why this issue has started?? I think it began after I updated my nvidia driver 436.30 as it did not happen when I first tried games which was prior to my update.

I can play full screen windowed but I would love to know why this is happening if anyone can help me.

Thanks

So the first thing you should do is rollback to an older driver. Clearly the newest driver may be a fail.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Assuming you have checked to make sure that the 144hz monitor is plugged into your GPU and not your motherboard, are you using DisplayPort or HDMI for the 144hz monitor? I only ask because I've personally come across HDMI ports that simply do not support high framerates and have found DisplayPort to be a bit more reliable. Not saying this is the case in your situation, but definitely worth a try.

Could also check the monitors' settings menu to make sure it hasn't somehow capped itself at a low framerate.

Cilliand

Prominent
Sep 13, 2019
Ok Guys I have made a small bit of a breakthrough but I cannot seem to understand why it is this way.

When I play Fullscreen and bring up menus etc when mouse pointer is visible it flickers constantly. When playing fullscreen my fps are incredibly low. .

Would anyone know why this issue has started?? I think it began after I updated my nvidia driver 436.30 as it did not happen when I first tried games which was prior to my update.

I can play full screen windowed but I would love to know why this is happening if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Thanks

So the first thing you should do is rollback to an older driver. Clearly the newest driver may be a fail.

Solution
Aug 17, 2019
I don't have idea I know why this is happening. Cs go can be launched on microwave so try something what actually can use your pc. You don't need graphic card to run cs