[SOLVED] New PC build: No beep, no display

Feb 16, 2019
Hi everybody,

after not having built a new computer for ~10 years, I wanted to build a new one for my son. Now everything is put in place, but when starting up ths fans spin (system, CPU, GPU) but the display stays black and no beeps are coming.

These are the components:

Gigabyte AB350M-DS3h V2
AMD Ryzen3 1200 (on compatibility list for the mainboard without BIOS update)
G-Skill F4-2400C15S-8GNT
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Mini
Thermaltake TR2 S 500W

When this didn't boot and did not emit any beeps (I also tried without graphics card and without RAM) I suspected the mainboard and returned it. But with a new MB the same thing happened. I switched graphics card with another one, no change.

I am at a loss what is the problem here. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Solution
Did you figure out the issue? I have the same issue. Also RMA’d the mobo and still had the same issue. With my build I get a short beep which indicates everything is good to go. But it will not boot up. I notice the RGB light on my mobo light up, fan on cpu Heatsink spins. But correct me if I’m wrong but from the last build I had, whenever I would boot up the pc the cpu fan would spin awfully fast as I see with most builds. With mine the fan spins but it seems awfully slow. As if it’s barely spinning. I’m thinking PSU might not be providing enough juice to the system. I’ve ordered a new PSU and should arrive sometime tmrw. Will update

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Did you figure out the issue? I have the same issue. Also RMA’d the mobo and still had the same issue. With my build I get a short beep which indicates everything is good to go. But it will not boot up. I notice the RGB light on my mobo light up, fan on cpu Heatsink spins. But correct me if I’m wrong but from the last build I had, whenever I would boot up the pc the cpu fan would spin awfully fast as I see with most builds. With mine the fan spins but it seems awfully slow. As if it’s barely spinning. I’m thinking PSU might not be providing enough juice to the system. I’ve ordered a new PSU and should arrive sometime tmrw. Will update

Solution