Question New PC build not booting ?

Jan 11, 2023
Hi,

I've put together a PC using the following components:

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
i5-13600K
Corsair ICUE ELITE CAPELLX Liquid cooler
Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 2x16GB (Part number CMH32GX5M2B5200C40W)
Crucial PS5 Plus 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4
Corsair LL120 fans (4 in total, 3 front 1 rear)
Corsair RM850 PSU
Corsair 5000D airflow case

I have plugged in all the required power connections from the PSU and when I turn on the PC the fans spin up, cooler eliminates but no video output (Using integrated graphics until I know the system is working) but the computer restarts after around 42 seconds.

I've tried the RAM solo in each of the 4 slots but no boot to BIOS.
The motherboard USB connections work on both the front and rear panel.
The motherboard lights turn yellow slowly between the CPU and DRM indicators but no illumination on VGA or BOOT.

The only things of note are that on the RAM modules are not listed in the Gigabyte support page although on "pcpartpicker" (How I chose my parts) they are listed as compatible.
Also the LED lights on the motherboard do not illuminate but perhaps this only happens when the computer enters post?

I am preparing to return the RAM but there is Corsair RAM listed as compatible with the motherboard on the Gigabyte website which also contains the CMH prefix but at a faster 5400 speed.

So my question is the RAM likely the issue, the motherboard or the CPU? (I am awaiting a stick of thermal paste if this to check the pins if the CPU could be the cause.)

Thankyou in advance for any advice.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might also want to see if relieving the mounting pressure(90 Deg anti-clockwise turn per screw) by the AIO causes the system to revive.

According to your motherboard's manual;
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...221118.pdf?v=672a72e0a0eed6a8be6ff24ef4d196fb
your board has a feature known as QFLASH_PLUS. While your ram is on slots A2 and B2, use QFLASH_PLUS and see if your platform comes to life.

Can you inspect the CPU's socket on the motherboard for any bent or broken pins?

Jan 11, 2023
Thank you for your fast advice. I tried the Q Flash path and the flash process completed however PC still restarts as before however it stays with power on for 2 minutes rather than the 42 seconds previous with the same switching between the CPU and RAM motherboard lights. I also tried slackening the cooler mounts as suggested but no change. I will check the CPU pins when the cooler paste arrives and let you know if any of the pins are damaged.

Jan 11, 2023
Thank you for your fast advice. I tried the Q Flash path and the flash process completed however PC still restarts as before however it stays with power on for 2 minutes rather than the 42 seconds previous with the same switching between the CPU and RAM motherboard lights. I also tried slackening the cooler mounts as suggested but no change. I will check the CPU pins when the cooler paste arrives and let you know if any of the pins are damaged.
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might also want to see if relieving the mounting pressure(90 Deg anti-clockwise turn per screw) by the AIO causes the system to revive.

According to your motherboard's manual;
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...221118.pdf?v=672a72e0a0eed6a8be6ff24ef4d196fb
your board has a feature known as QFLASH_PLUS. While your ram is on slots A2 and B2, use QFLASH_PLUS and see if your platform comes to life.

Can you inspect the CPU's socket on the motherboard for any bent or broken pins?
I got some CPU

Jan 11, 2023
Hi.

I removed the CPU and looking at the socket and angled the light to see there is a reflection on the bottom left corner which would indicate a bent pen? The rest of the socket is fine.
I have read about people straightening pins but doing so would surely invalidate any warranty on the Motherboard so can I return it as faulty because I was very careful placing the CPU correctly into the socket so I believe it was an existing problem.

Counted at least 4 bent pins.

H3iDorI.jpeg