[SOLVED] New PC Build; Troubleshooting Connection Issues

jjungstar

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hello! Haven't built a PC in awhile and I'm having trouble with a few connections from component to motherboard. Powered on the PC and noticed the AIO fans and the GPU fans weren't spinning. The case fans are working fine. Immediately turned it off and tried to troubleshoot.

PC Part Picker Link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ThTmrV

I currently have the case fans mounted on the back and the top of the case. The three AIO fans are on the radiator on the front of the case. Here is how I have everything connected:

1. All three 3-pin case fans are plugged into the "fan hub" that came with the case.

2. The AIO pump 3-pin cable is also connected to the "fan hub".

3. The "fan hub" has a PWM cable which I plugged into a random SYS_FAN_PUMP on the motherboard.

3. The three AIO 4-pin fans (mounted on the radiator) are connected to the splitter (attached to the pump) that came with the AIO.

4. The GPU is connected by a PCI-E cable from the PSU and nothing else.

Let me know what I am missing, I can snap some pictures if it helps. Thank you!

PS - Is there a way to route the three AIO fans mounted on the radiator through the back of the case? I currently have it going across the center of the case because there's no opening on the front side to route the cables behind the case.

Solution
Hi,
The AIO pump 3-pin cable is also connected to the "fan hub". Try connecting it to the CPU_Opt header.
The "fan hub" has a PWM cable which I plugged into a random SYS_FAN_PUMP on the motherboard. Connect it to the CPU_Fan header. Have you connected the fan hub to the power supply, via SATA?
The GPU is connected by a PCI-E cable from the PSU and nothing else. Are all required PCIe cables connected?
Hi,
The AIO pump 3-pin cable is also connected to the "fan hub". Try connecting it to the CPU_Opt header.
The "fan hub" has a PWM cable which I plugged into a random SYS_FAN_PUMP on the motherboard. Connect it to the CPU_Fan header. Have you connected the fan hub to the power supply, via SATA?
The GPU is connected by a PCI-E cable from the PSU and nothing else. Are all required PCIe cables connected?

Solution