New PC Build - Windows could not prepare the computer

Jul 15, 2018
Hello, I am an Apple guy who has built a new PC for gaming and think I might have messed up something in the BIOS. I am using one SSD and 2 - HDD that I wanted to put into RAID mode. I tried to put them in RAID and since have tried to put it back to AHCI. I think I did something wrong, because no matter what I do, I cannot get Windows to install.

Everything is checking out in the BIOS and should be working. No errors or missing components showing in the BIOS

The installation is cancelling and saying
"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation."

My equipment:
Intel I5 - 8600K
ROG Strix Z370 motherboard
16 GB of Ram
EVGA GTX 1070 Ti
Crucial 500gb SSD
2-Western Digital 2 TB HDD

Things Tried:
1. Updated motherboard firmware
2. Made sure everything is AHCI
3. Tried to put all drives back to AHCI after having problems
4. Even Bought a new SSD and booted straight to the Windows 10 Install drive
5. No luck with new SSD
6. Same error
7. Tried loading Intel Rapid Storage Driver - No Luck

Also, I am having to download the Windows Install Image with a Macbook Pro
1. Have tried formatting the thumb drive as FAT32, FAT & NTSF - No difference

Is there anyone that may be able to help me with this problem with windows setup? I am out of ideas and can't find a solution online.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Craig

Solution
If you want the boot drive to be the SSD, remove the WD hard drives from the equation. Disconnect them from the motherboard. Install Windows 10. The install process will probably complete just fine. Once Windows is installed, shut down your system, reconnect one hard drive at a time to the motherboard and reboot. Then you can them see what is going on with them in Windows under "Disk Management".

srdowns

Great
Jun 7, 2018
If you want the boot drive to be the SSD, remove the WD hard drives from the equation. Disconnect them from the motherboard. Install Windows 10. The install process will probably complete just fine. Once Windows is installed, shut down your system, reconnect one hard drive at a time to the motherboard and reboot. Then you can them see what is going on with them in Windows under "Disk Management".

Solution
Jul 15, 2018
Hello Night Owl, Thank you very much for your suggestion. I did find that the issue was that I could not make a thumb drive to load windows from on a Mac. Once I picked up a copy of Windows 10 from Best Buy on a thumbdrive, I was good to go. Windows installed easily after that.
I appreciate your help. It is great we have places like this to come to. Thank you.