[SOLVED] New pc build

Alex_274

Reputable
Aug 29, 2016
Hi , I just built my new pc. Now I’m in bios and I’m trying to install window on a cd. But when I try and boot from cd it takes me back to bios? And also I don’t see my ssd has a boot option but when I look on ssd info it says ssd is frozen? I tried erasing and it would say ready but I get stuck in secure erase screen?? But when I restart it just goes back To bios and having ssd frozen again..

ryzen 9 3900
ASUS rog b550
Samsung evo 500 ssd
Evga 1060

Solution
Windows wont "fit" on a cd. Did you mean DVD?

How did you make the DVD? Did you use Microsofts Media Creation tool? It and the Win10 download are free. You won't even need to activate Win10 if you don't have a key.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you have a flash drive 4+gb in size, use that. Its way faster then using a DVD.

Ok so once you get a valid install DVD/Flashdrive, Turn the PC off and disconnect all hdd or ssd's except the one you intend to be your main drive (C:)
Enter the bios and set the primary boot disk to be that C: drive. Do not set the DVD/Flashdrive with the installer on it as the boot drive.
When you start up the PC with this DVD/Flashdrive installed, watch the bottom...

popatim

Titan
Windows wont "fit" on a cd. Did you mean DVD?

How did you make the DVD? Did you use Microsofts Media Creation tool? It and the Win10 download are free. You won't even need to activate Win10 if you don't have a key.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you have a flash drive 4+gb in size, use that. Its way faster then using a DVD.

Ok so once you get a valid install DVD/Flashdrive, Turn the PC off and disconnect all hdd or ssd's except the one you intend to be your main drive (C:)
Enter the bios and set the primary boot disk to be that C: drive. Do not set the DVD/Flashdrive with the installer on it as the boot drive.
When you start up the PC with this DVD/Flashdrive installed, watch the bottom of your screen. At the same time that it says 'Press xx to enter Setup/Bios' there will bew another option to select a drive to boot from. It's technically called Boot Override but the message at the bottom of the screen is short and might say something different like select boot. Whatever it says, press that F-key. It's F11 on my motherboard. Asus I think is F12
The Windows installer will start up and you follow the prompts from there.

Solution

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi , I just built my new pc. Now I’m in bios and I’m trying to install window on a cd. But when I try and boot from cd it takes me back to bios? And also I don’t see my ssd has a boot option but when I look on ssd info it says ssd is frozen? I tried erasing and it would say ready but I get stuck in secure erase screen?? But when I restart it just goes back To bios and having ssd frozen again..

ryzen 9 3900
ASUS rog b550
Samsung evo 500 ssd
Evga 1060
Did you perform a Clean format on the SSD (NTFS Format?)
In Bios....Make sure your Windows CD is set as 1st boot device and boot directly on the CD.
If that doesn't work i would suggest you re-download the newest Media creation tool 1909 and create a bootable USB device.Then try again and see if you can install windows.