Question New PC consistently crashes

Kaman.vii

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
Whenever I start a game up, or I could have been playing a game for 10 minutes or so, my monitor black screens, and my PC's fans get really loud and spin aggressively. The only idea I had was that there was possibly an overheating issue with the CPU, but it didn't make sense to me, as it could crash regardless, whether if my PC has just been booted up, or if it's been running for a while. I'm honestly too lazy to troubleshoot any further, so I'd really appreciate some ideas as to what the issue may be, before I just end up selling this thing.

Graphics Card - RTX 3060 Ti
CPU - i7-10700f

Too lazy to type rest of specs :(

Jul 10, 2024
run a utility HW Monitor in the background and run and play a game and bring hw monitor to the front to check temps of cpu, gpu, individual core load and temps etc. under load of the game. Also are the fans for both the cpu and gpu spinning at full speed or just one of them?. Cheers

Kaman.vii

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
run a utility HW Monitor in the background and run and play a game and bring hw monitor to the front to check temps of cpu, gpu, individual core load and temps etc. under load of the game. Also are the fans for both the cpu and gpu spinning at full speed or just one of them?. Cheers
In all honesty, I did what you said and downloaded HWMonitor, and I don't know exactly what numbers are bad. Is there a way I can download a report of my temps and loads to post here? As for which fans are spinning, I honestly don't know which one it is. It's just a really loud exhaust type noise.

Kaman.vii

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
In all honesty, I did what you said and downloaded HWMonitor, and I don't know exactly what numbers are bad. Is there a way I can download a report of my temps and loads to post here? As for which fans are spinning, I honestly don't know which one it is. It's just a really loud exhaust type noise.
Actually after doing it again, I believe it’s the GPU fans that are making the majority of the noise. However, that could be wrong.